Active Now

Danilo_G

Stress

What is  your concept of  STRESS? Do you believe that it is a killer to one's life? How do  you prevent stressful living, both for personal and career perspectives?   In short, what is your stress management formula?

Posted - October 19, 2017

Responses

Realizing in heaven there is never any stress so it must be boring and in hell there is too much stress so earth must be the best place to be most of the time. 
    Deal with it! 
      October 19, 2017 8:07 AM MDT

• Some moderate stress is beneficial, such as a good aerobics work-out or an emotional or mental challenge.
    But too much stress for too long is destructive to health.
    The worst stress is when we are constantly angry, afraid or feeling shame about things going on in our lives.
    It releases adrenaline into the bloodstream. The adrenaline breaks down into cortisone. The cortisone has a destructive effect on our immune cells, leading to autoimmune inflammatory conditions and reduced immunity to diseases and cancers. Stress is not the only cause for reduced immunity, but it is a significant contributor.

What is stressful is subjective.

For me, any requirement which is larger that the time available to achieve it is stressful. I prefer to have just enough stress to stretch me and help me grow, maybe even enough to exhaust me at times, but then I take whatever time I need to recover.
      October 19, 2017 7:07 PM MDT

I don't deal with stress very well. I let stress eat away at me, break me down, If it's something that is serious-or long term- it makes me sick. It is hard for me to stay positive and look for the bright side. 

Here is a meme for a laugh:

This post was edited by ally at October 19, 2017 8:11 PM MDT
      October 19, 2017 8:09 PM MDT

Remember that anxiety resides in the future and depression in the past.  Live in the moment.  Is there anything you lack right now?
      October 19, 2017 10:09 PM MDT