Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Communication » The last thing people will remember about you is the last thing you say or do. Do you always try to make it worth remembering?

The last thing people will remember about you is the last thing you say or do. Do you always try to make it worth remembering?

Posted - October 21, 2017

Responses

• You'd be amazed at how few the number of people are that actually remember or even care about what you say and do. The impact that we think we have on people all too often is a matter of wishful thinking on our own part. People inside the family structure know us best and remember what we say and do, but beyond that, people on the periphery have their own lives to be concerned about and that is their focus.
      October 21, 2017 10:28 AM MDT

Don't be silly.. Why would a person care about how they are remembered after they are dead?  If there is an afterlife, then worry about that. If there is no afterlife, then you will never know what people think.
    Rather worry about what people think about you now, not in some future that you cannot imagine. This post was edited by Maurice214 at October 22, 2017 1:44 AM MDT
      October 21, 2017 12:20 PM MDT

This is really interesting Maurice. You ASSUME I mean after you die. There is nothing in my question that alludes to that. What I say here will be what you remember about me if we never speak again though we live for many years. What you wrote here is what I will remember about you if we never speak again. Why did you ASSUME I meant after we die? You brought that baggage here and I just wonder why? Since I have disabused you of your incorrect assumption would you like to contribute a different answer or do  you prefer to stick with this one? This post was edited by RosieG at October 22, 2017 1:49 AM MDT
      October 22, 2017 1:46 AM MDT

"the last thing you say or do"   If you are alive, how can you exist without saying or doing anything?  (that's why I assumed you were speaking about death)
    Perhaps you meant the "Latest" or "Most recent" thing you said or did? This post was edited by Maurice214 at October 27, 2017 9:34 AM MDT
      October 22, 2017 5:18 PM MDT

I think I see the confusion as I also assumed you were talking about the last thing you say or do ever although you didn't say ever you also didn't clarify that something like "the last thing you say or do" in front of someone.  Ya know what they say about assume though. Insert my foot in my mouth. lol

October 27, 2017 9:37 AM MDT

No worries my friend. "They" also say you can never make a second "first" impression. Maybe you can change it over time if the other party is willing. Thank you for your reply tex and Happy Saturday m'dear! :)
      October 28, 2017 3:16 AM MDT

i try
      October 22, 2017 5:45 PM MDT