Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Questions » Beauty » Do you think beauty products are overrated and overpriced?

Do you think beauty products are overrated and overpriced?

Posted - October 24, 2017

Responses

YES!  Not only that, they're also largely UNNECESSARY!  Women have so much natural beauty that gets hidden under all the goop and war paint.  Its only true purpose is to line the pockets of the industry big-wigs with billions of dollars every year. I am so against that entire enterprise you wouldn't believe it. 

October 24, 2017 11:50 PM MDT

Totally agree. I guess keeping up with the Kardashians has become a national pastime.
      October 25, 2017 1:46 AM MDT

Women that purchase them are stupid.
      October 25, 2017 10:22 AM MDT

(Women that Women who)

I disagree with your sentiment completely. 
      May 17, 2018 9:18 PM MDT

I figured somebody would. I like to toss the word 'stupid' in now and again to see if I can spark any reactions. I do not think they are stupid.
      May 18, 2018 6:41 AM MDT

well no, I totally disagree....

I"m a retired makeup artist & never saw any such thing as a 'natural beauty'....

first off, 'beauty' is really good bone structure.

AND the most beautiful woman in the world looks like hell without at least some makeup to accent eyes, etc.

some skincare products are way overpriced but then you get what you pay for.

YOU DON'T NEED EXPENSIVE PRODUCTS TO HAVE GOOD SKIN...

......BUT you do get what you pay for......better ingredients, and you never have to use much to get the benefit of the product.

so if it costs $50 for a jar or moisturizer,rest assured it has way better ingredients than something from Target!!  AND you won't have to use as much to get the results you are looking for.....

I've always felt that basic skincare starts with WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE EATING...

diet is so important......but no one wants to hear that......just the latest in how to create a 'smokey eye' or stuff like that.

BUT THAT'S HUMAN NATURE, RIGHT?

years ago Elizabeth Taylor was sitting in the makeup chair and had her picture taken.....without a stitch of makeup on.

of course you knew who it was right away, but pretty? without makeup, not so much.........

BUT SHE HAD GREAT BONE STRUCTURE as did Ava Gardner, Hedy Lamarr, Vivien Leigh, Greta Garbo, and so many others.

SO YOU CANNOT GET AWAY WITHOUT WEARING AT LEAST SOMETHING.

that so called 'fresh look' really requires makeup to achieve it; maybe not as much quantity-wise, but it still takes SOME MAKEUP to look halfway decent.

and you guys out there who I know won't agree with me, have probably NEVER SEEN A LADY WHO KNOWS HOW TO USE MAKEUP IN THE RIGHT WAY!! or you wouldn't feel that way.....

WELL i sure as hell have gone on a little too long, but this is a subject dear to my heart.

all I can say is, the basics will never change:

CLEANSE YOUR SKIN......NO HOT/COLD WATER NO EXTREMES OF WATER TEMPERATURE
    EXFOLIATE AT LEAST ONCE/TWICE A WEEK....(make a paste of baking soda & water and gently gently massage all over the face in circular motions........2/3 times...rinse with COOL NEVER COLD WATER.

MOISTURIZE.....this does NOT have to be expensive......make sure 'mineral oil' is not amongst the first 5 or 6 ingredients; THATS A PETROLEUM BYPRODUCT and doesn't belong on the skin!!!!!

and now I shall shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 16, 2018 8:23 AM MDT

I had a Vietnamese student who was extremely beautiful. I asked her who did her make-up. "I don't wear any." she said.
      May 16, 2018 8:45 AM MDT