Discussion » Questions » Military » Decades of honorable service damaged. Reputation harmed irreparably by the telling of one egregious lie. How can it have been "worth it "?

Decades of honorable service damaged. Reputation harmed irreparably by the telling of one egregious lie. How can it have been "worth it "?

Posted - October 25, 2017

Responses

Gen Kelly may have misremembered the topic the Cowboy Hat Rockstar Wilson was bragging about herself at the buildings dedication. (It was not about getting funding...it was about getting the building name approved) 
    Point is she made it about her instead of the men being honored. 
      October 25, 2017 5:14 AM MDT

I think Kelly is guilty of not checking his memory against the facts before speaking. Calling it a 'lie' is stretching it. I am disappointed that Kelly went after the Congresswoman because then he was continuing what she started. She may be a fine person, who has done a lot for her constituents, but going to the media and using a family's tragic loss to attack Trump was inappropriate and made it seem like she was mostly interested in getting in front of the cameras, knowing that the biased media would support her. There is plenty of blame to go around here, but it was Wilson who started the issue, in my opinion. Have we heard from the families of the others who received calls or are they too busy grieving?
      October 25, 2017 5:27 AM MDT

A few other families have come out and said they appreciated the call and Trump was very respectful and spoke well on the phone.
      October 25, 2017 5:40 AM MDT

it probably wasnt worth it
      October 25, 2017 4:45 PM MDT