Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » Do you ever catch yourself treating your child that's 10 and over like a baby because you miss it?

Do you ever catch yourself treating your child that's 10 and over like a baby because you miss it?

I was looking at my son today and remembering when he was little in his highchair and I would feed him baby food.
He's ten now, but I suddenly felt like spoon feeding him so I grabbed a chocolate pudding and a spoon and tried to feed him.
He wasn't interested. LoL!

I still see my little baby boy when I look at him.
Do you ever try to baby your older kids in some way because you miss it?
How do they react?

Posted - October 27, 2017

Responses

• I don't have any children so I can't relate :) I used to cut all the hair off all my barbies and throw my dolls out the back patio door when they were bad. So that's pretty much the same thing..... ;)
      October 27, 2017 5:26 PM MDT

• You should adopt a baby Jaimie.

October 27, 2017 5:43 PM MDT

• I can't even keep a house plant alive ;) lol 
      October 27, 2017 5:46 PM MDT

• I was a wild person too, but once you hold your baby and you can hear him breathe you feel like you just want to keep him safe forever.

I think your maternal instincts will kick in and you might be a great mom because you've seen some sh_t and you can teach your child a lot.
    Good luck with your baby. : ) This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 27, 2017 5:58 PM MDT
      October 27, 2017 5:54 PM MDT

• LOL :) when we reach 40 and we get 'married'   I'll consider it ;) until that I might try buy a cactus and see how I handle that. 
      October 27, 2017 5:58 PM MDT

Every weekend my son comes over to stay with his father. I usually call him my 'baby son' at least once during that time. He is 30 years old.
      October 27, 2017 10:00 PM MDT