Discussion » Questions » Holidays » The Holiday season is almost here! Oh Dear/ Oh Boy/Bah Humbug. Why?

The Holiday season is almost here! Oh Dear/ Oh Boy/Bah Humbug. Why?

Posted - October 29, 2017

Responses

Bah humbug. It's totally commercialized, and PCed up the wazoo. You can't say "Happy Christmas" anymore, it might offend somebody.

October 29, 2017 8:23 AM MDT

It's usually "merry" where I come from but "happy" is a good surrogate. Thanksgiving is our favorite holiday. Can't be commercialized. It's about family and friends gathering together over food to count their blessings and their gratitude having one another. Thank you for your reply Sbf! :)
      October 30, 2017 4:52 AM MDT

Isn't Black Friday dedicated to gladiatorial retailing?
      October 31, 2017 1:47 AM MDT

OMG! Black Friday starts earlier and earlier and earlier each year Sbf. People camp out overnight to be first in line. I NEVER venture out anywhere that day.  Jim is brave and will go out and about to look. Not me. It's like a war zone wherever you go. News crews go out to film the spectacle and you see people lined up or lying down or in tents waiting waiting waiting. Some folks have gotten hurt being elbowed  aside or trampled. I'm not a fan of crowds in the first place. That kinda  waiting has zero appeal to me but that is often the whole point of Thanksgiving for many families. It's their TRADITION. Which saddens me but hey different strokes for different folks! Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday!  :)
      October 31, 2017 2:21 AM MDT

i never liked holidays, i never get invited over for christmas, not sure why
      October 29, 2017 4:39 PM MDT