Discussion » Questions » answerMug » In the new AM

In the new AM

I would LOVE to see the option to eliminate categories of my choice from coming up on my home/question page.  Is that possible?

Posted - July 27, 2016

Responses

You can eliminate certain members from appearing on your feed. So, if you're trying to avoid political comments and you know (insert name here) always posts about politics, you don't have to see them on your feed.

I'm sure it's theoretically possible to eliminate certain categories, but we're done with the actual development stage of the site for now. We have some issues with the blogs to wrap up and then the beta testers are coming on. Adding in a whole other thing to code would set us back quite a bit and we're eager to get it up and running. 

I will file this idea away for later, though. If there's demand for it, we may be able to do some other upgrades down the line. 

July 28, 2016 12:03 AM MDT

I think a blank page can be arranged.

July 28, 2016 11:43 AM MDT

WOW. HOW PETTY IS THAT REQUEST?

WHY?  Don't answer.  I really don't care to even hear it.   Categories?  Do not click on them and don't answer them and you have no problem, do you?

July 28, 2016 11:46 AM MDT

I see the value in it. In my perfect world, I wouldn't have to see any of the political or religious discussions (most of the time). I'm sure there are some serious thinkers here who only want to see those categories. 

It's not about pettiness, it's about customizing your experience so you get more out of it- so it's tailored to your interests. 

July 28, 2016 2:13 PM MDT

Some days, I would like a break from political questions, to be honest. Especially ones that make no sense, except to drive home some supposed point about the relative evils of one political leaning or the other. O the other hand, some days I might want to focus only on political questions (maybe I'm feeling particularly masochistic, who knows?), so I could filter out everything else. I think it's a worthwhile idea, if it's not too much trouble for JA to implement.

July 28, 2016 4:44 PM MDT

Sharonna, you keep amazing me. Your "petty" (as you so poetically call it) comments on stuff you see no idea in for yourself is so head shaking. If you want to see it all, even the hateful It's all fine. Don't judge others on your reality. Some of us don't need these kind of drivers in our everyday. I see great advantage in filtering the stuff here. I'm not sure if or how I'm going to make use of it yet, but I look forward to get familiar with the new features JA is preparing for us. I'm sure there will be a few of the members here that I will mute from appearing in my feed. That's for sure, and that alone will be an improved experience for me. Take your own medicine.
      July 28, 2016 5:08 PM MDT

• Ok thank you for that!  That works for me :-)

July 28, 2016 6:38 PM MDT

• Petty??  Gee thanks!  WOW is right!  "Certain" question bury the ones that I am actually interested in!

July 28, 2016 6:40 PM MDT

•  EXACTLY!!!!

July 28, 2016 6:42 PM MDT

•  :-)

July 28, 2016 6:42 PM MDT

•   :-)

July 28, 2016 6:43 PM MDT

:-)
      July 28, 2016 6:50 PM MDT