Discussion » Questions » Politics » Those poor Brit eurocrat-sycophant libs had only four months to make their case for the referendum. Doesn't that justify their drive to change its rules and get a do-over now?

Those poor Brit eurocrat-sycophant libs had only four months to make their case for the referendum. Doesn't that justify their drive to change its rules and get a do-over now?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/06/25/brexit-remorse-uk-lawmaker-calls-for-parliament-to-ignore-eu-referendum-as-millions-call-for-second-vote.html?intcmp=hpbt1

Posted - June 25, 2016

Responses

I had five leaflets through my door from the Vote Remain people months before the election, but only got one leaflet through my door from Vote Leave last Monday, four days before the referendum. I posted a question here months ago to try to find out if anyone in the country had heard from Vote Leave. No one said they had. Again I ask you, Delivering, what problem do you have with liberals, the people who defend everyone's rights? I bet you would soon complain if your rights were taken away.
      June 26, 2016 1:25 AM MDT

Everyone's rights? Everyone's except, for example, the following...

The right to form one's nation by free elections, EXCEPT if that right applies to those who, even as a majority, vote in opposition to their views.

The right to due process , EXCEPT for law officers and ordinary citizens who defend themselves against lawbreakers who may be black, hispanic, left-handed Irishmen, or whatever else they see as the "oppressed" group of the day.Then the lib mob demands "justice", and after much public expense for useless prosecution and trial, no possible outcome except acquittal.

The right to free speech and free expression, UNLESS it is someone having anything critical to say about Islam, in which case the Obama-Lynch DOJ will arrest those who utter any such thing. http://www.dailywire.com/news/1593/loretta-lynch-vows-prosecute-those-who-use-anti-james-barrett

The right to keep and bear arms, no way, not for anyone, let's confiscate all the guns - OOPS, no, they'll let the gays arm themselves now that a bunch of THEIR people got shot. But not for the rest of us.

The right to benefit from one's industry - the very named right by which states abolished slavery from their constitutions - unless the libs want more of what you earn, with all such confiscation justified by their "entitlement".

Libs. Hypocrites, not "rights".

June 26, 2016 5:55 PM MDT

Delivering, we always had elections to both our own, and the European parliament. I assume you are suggesting that the referendum result may not be respected. This has not happened. Their has been a vote by a large number of the public to have a second referendum, so parliament has to consider it. That is part of our democratic process. Members of ethnic minorities are much more likely to end up in jail. Spare me your racially bigoted crap! Read these: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/courts-are-biased-against-blacks-with-white-offenders-less-likely-to-be-jailed-for-similar-crimes-8959804.html http://www.hizb.org.uk/news-watch/uks-ethnic-minorities-more-likely-to-be-jailed-for-certain-crimes It is regarded as a criminal offence to stir up hatred on the grounds of ones religion, in a similar way to how race is treated, and as a supporter of free speech, and indeed, all freedoms, I oppose the idea, but the sort of anti-muslim bile spewed out by idiots such as yourself is in danger of making me change my mind. I haven't changed it yet, but when I read the crap you and those of your ilk come out with, it may happen. Obama has nothing to do with this country. Why, other than the fact that you don't like the back guy, do you mention him? Why the hell should it be a right to keep and bear arms? A responsible government should keep dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. The people of this nation have consistently voted for ever stricter arms control, in the wake of shooting incidents. You just could not get elected here if you tried to take away our gun control. You claim to support democracy, but don't support our right to self-determination on this point. It is you who are the hypocrite. There has not been a shooting of gays in this country; that is highly unlikely, as our gun control keeps our streets safe, and our gays are not arming themselves. That is, once again, in your country. You seem to be confused as to which country you are talking about. It is part of the United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights article 25(1) "to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age, or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control." I thought America claimed to stand for human rights? It is liberals who stand for rights. American conservatives, such as yourself, clearly do not.
      June 27, 2016 9:53 PM MDT

@HD -- Let me translate DTT rants for you : "TEH STOOPID EBIL LIBRUHLZ IS STOOPID...AND EBIL!"

No matter what words he types here, that is essentially his message. He has a years-long history (both here and on the now-defunct Answerbag) of the nonsense (I'd use stronger language, but whatever...) I deliniate above.

June 27, 2016 10:02 PM MDT