Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » If on Judgment Day God gave you paper to write down all your sins do you think He would read it, have a good laugh then send you to heaven?

If on Judgment Day God gave you paper to write down all your sins do you think He would read it, have a good laugh then send you to heaven?

Posted - November 9, 2017

Responses

No.  :-(   I think he would judge me and quickly throw me off his cloud.  

November 9, 2017 4:52 AM MST

Very good -thanks! 
      November 9, 2017 6:23 AM MST

It is not reliable to let people tell you what the bible says. Many people will make up stuff because they don't know what it says, and many will make up stuff because they wish it would not say what it says. You just have to read it for yourself. Read a chapter of Proverbs every day. Proverbs has 31 chapters so you can keep your place by just looking at a calendar. There is no religion or nothing in Proverbs and you don't have to believe anything. Just read to find wisdom. When you are comfortable with that, then read the bible from Romans to 2 Thessalonians over and over until you start to remember what it says. That is the part that applies to Christians.

Sin, singular, is the absence of spirit. Adam had a spirit but it died and so he was unable to bequeath a spirit to his offspring. That is why everybody is born in sin, not because Mommy and Daddy did the big nasty. That is why a savior had to die in our place and make it possible to create a new spirit for us.

Sins, plural, are mistakes, such as throwing a dart and missing the bullseye. Christians are baptised into Christ's death, and dead bodies don't sin, so sins are not an issue for Christians. There is no more forgiveness. Either you believe in Jesus and are saved or you don't believe and are lost.

November 9, 2017 6:34 AM MST

Good stories well thought out and written by men inspired by their belief in God and suitable for people who feel assured that God exists and that the bible is true. There is good wisdom in the proverbs.
    I'm not familiar off-hand with Romans to Thessalonians, might give it a re-read as a matter of interest. 
      November 9, 2017 7:19 AM MST

He already knows
    Everything, but
    Heaven?...haha Nice thought huh?
      November 9, 2017 6:38 AM MST

Seems God may not always know everything; He looks down and is astonished...

Genesis 11:5, 18:21, 18:26, 18:28

Psalm 14:2

Jeremiah 8:21

And many other references.
      November 9, 2017 7:39 AM MST