Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Why do old people still insist on using stupid things like lugage and brief cases when we have advanced and invented superior backpacks....

Why do old people still insist on using stupid things like lugage and brief cases when we have advanced and invented superior backpacks....

and duffle bags,. Both of which aren't an inefficient waste of space.

Posted - November 9, 2017

Responses

I guess you don't fly, or travel by train and/or bus.   

November 9, 2017 5:46 PM MST

• I do.  Have a lot.  Except flying.  I always hated hard cases for travel.  Pain the azz IMHO and a bch to pack.  
      November 9, 2017 5:48 PM MST

There are a lot of white collar business people who travel frequently & need the briefcases & suitcases.  The amount of damage that occurs just from the luggage carousel is enough for them to use the hard cases. 
      November 9, 2017 5:57 PM MST

• Oh, you mean THOSE people.
      November 9, 2017 6:00 PM MST

Yeah, they're still around. 
      November 9, 2017 6:20 PM MST

• You're right. For many, the so-called "superior backpacks", simply aren't an option. One option being what you described and another would be for security reasons. Brief cases and luggage are harder to break into and to grab and run.
      November 9, 2017 6:36 PM MST

• Old and young alike use luggage and brief cases. Some out of necessity and some simply because they choose to. And I'm sure they really don't care what someone thinks about them using luggage and brief cases.
      November 9, 2017 6:18 PM MST

• dumb-azzes.
      November 9, 2017 6:21 PM MST

Honestly, as an "older" person, I would prefer to wheel a piece of luggage around than to carry a backpack or duffel bag on an already painful back, also adding additional weight for arthritic knees to support. 
      November 9, 2017 10:26 PM MST

I once saw an older woman pulling large luggage cases along an Indiana Interstate off-ramp. It looked like she and her luggage had been dumped off right there. Very strange ,and perhaps sad, sight. 
      November 10, 2017 1:50 AM MST

• They need to keep they're buttscotch candy, Ben gay and cribbage boards safe. 
      November 10, 2017 6:12 PM MST