Active Now

Element 99
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » A brillliant modest honest humble person could never be elected president. What job WOULD such a person be a PERFECT fit for and why?

A brillliant modest honest humble person could never be elected president. What job WOULD such a person be a PERFECT fit for and why?

Posted - November 13, 2017

Responses

I think it would be difficult to find anyone who was at once brilliant and modest and honest and humble!  So why not settle for one or the other rather than being greedy and wanting it all?  I think it is possible though unlikely. 
      November 13, 2017 6:15 AM MST

I disagree with thee absolutely irrevocably emphatically totally. I personally KNOW  folks who are geniuses who are all that I described. They do exist. The thing is being prez requires a very healthy ego...way beyond what is modest or humble. As for being greedy I am not greedy at all. I cannot ignore what I know to be true so I am sticking to my question without changing one word of it No need to change what I know to be true. Brilliant, modest, honest and humble. There are such people. I know them personally. I hope one day you get to meet one or two and then you will better understand my question. Thank you for your reply. This post was edited by RosieG at November 14, 2017 7:14 AM MST
      November 14, 2017 7:14 AM MST

What country do you live in, Rosie? Ever hear of any of these guys? Do you need more?

I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day. -Abraham Lincoln

There is no limit to what you can accomplish if you don't care who gets the credit. - Harry Truman

Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim earned in the blood of his followers and the sacrifices of his friends. - Dwight D. Eisenhower

What are the things that you can't see that are important? I would say justice, truth, humility, service, compassion, love...They're the guiding lights of a life. - Jimmy Carter

November 13, 2017 6:47 AM MST

• A brilliant, driven, extroverted, aggressive, charismatic,motivated organizer and administrator can be elected  to any office. Anyone that cannot rise above honest, modest and humble, is wasting time in politics regardless of what the spin doctors try to foist on the electorate.
      November 13, 2017 2:30 PM MST