Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Per the New York Times the US has over 33,000 gun-related deaths annually. I don't know how many are slaughters/massacres. Does it matter?

Per the New York Times the US has over 33,000 gun-related deaths annually. I don't know how many are slaughters/massacres. Does it matter?

Why aren't we terrified of one another? Why are we so afraid of terrorists/illegal aliens when we are the ones who are actually the monsters? I don't get it.

Posted - November 15, 2017

Responses

Why are we not afraid of each other? Because the numbers are not that bad. Homocides are not near that number.
    Should we be afraid to drive/ride in a car? Take a bath? Both of these kill more people annually.  
      November 15, 2017 7:49 AM MST

Define "we".

Being cognizant of potential threats is prudent. Terrorists and any other people who want to wound or kill usually do not give clear evidence of their plans before carrying them out. As such, whether or not someone is my fellow citizen or the citizen of another country is not the deciding factor in self-protection. Danger can take various forms, you know.
      November 15, 2017 8:52 AM MST

Look on the bright side. Two thirds of gun related deaths are suicides (a problem that solves itself )

ref: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/04/us/gun-death-rates.html
      November 15, 2017 10:49 AM MST