Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Do you believe in miracles? Ever witness one? Or are they just silly pooey icky yucky for dumb silly hillybillys ? Why d'ya think so?

Do you believe in miracles? Ever witness one? Or are they just silly pooey icky yucky for dumb silly hillybillys ? Why d'ya think so?

Posted - November 15, 2017

Responses

Most assuredly I believe in them!  For I firmly believe in the only One who has the power to perform them.
    Have I witnessed one?  Not a "water into wine"-type one.  
      November 15, 2017 10:18 AM MST

Jim and I were involved in a terrible auto accident Friday, August 13, 2004. We should have died. We survived it and the car was totaled. It involved fishtailing and rollovers and the car skidded on its side and crashed into a mountain, underside hitting the mountain so the car was on its side! We got banged up and bruised and Jim had a slight concussion and I had glass shards embedded in my left arm and forehead. Our seatbelts locked and passersby had to cut us out. No one else was involved. Subsequently every account I read about a rollover crash without exception has no survivors. Why we survived we can't figure out. Was that a miracle? It was to us. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday shuhak!  :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 16, 2017 3:03 AM MST
      November 16, 2017 3:00 AM MST

---an extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs

---an effect or extraordinary event in the physical world that surpasses all known human or natural powers and is ascribed to a supernatural cause.

Yes, I do believe.  Witness one---not really sure; I think they happen frequently, so they don't tend to stick out as much to me as they might to another.
      November 15, 2017 10:49 AM MST

Please read my reply to shuhak tom. Thank you for your response! :)
      November 16, 2017 3:04 AM MST

Many times.
      November 16, 2017 5:24 AM MST

I believe in miracles but may not necessarily involve divine intervention;  a placebo effect can enable a spontaneous healing to occur -one's mind can be a force that alters the physical capabilities as in the news story of a mom lifting about 1500 lbs of a car to free her child pinned underneath and many things of that nature. 

Miracles can happen for 'bad' guys as well. Hitler was noted to experience miracles during his early life: WWW1 asleep in a bunker he heard a voice telling him to get up and vacate the bunker immediately.  Couple of minutes later a direct hit killed all the occupants.(one can experience revelations from the infinite depths of one's subconscious)
    Another time private British soldier Henry Tandey had Hitler in his gunsights trying to make his way back to his lines but in a moment of compassion declined to pull the trigger. 
    Multiple miraculous events led Hitler to believe he was being assisted by a Divine force.

www.firstworldwar.com/features/aslowfuse.htm

Scroll many paragraphs down where you read "Hitler,  given his personality...
    And there is a photo of Hitler. 
      November 16, 2017 7:16 AM MST

So miracles don't just happen to the good people. They also happen to the evil rotten stinkers. Sad. Thank you for your very thoughtful and informative reply Kg and the link. Happy Friday! :)
      November 17, 2017 3:58 AM MST

Miracles and 'un-miracles' happen. Eg news story of a four year old child struck and killed by a car backing out of the parking spot ..in a church yard after the service where people were gathered around chatting. 
      November 17, 2017 6:46 AM MST

That is way beyond sad. But it happens all the time. I can't rememmer how many times I have read about  a dad or grandma running over a toddler because the toddler was in the blind spot. Trying to live with that would be impossible. SIGH. Thank you for your reply Kg. Bad happens to good people and good happens to bad people. Why? I'm gonna ask!  :(
      November 17, 2017 7:09 AM MST

The way I look at things almost everything is a miracle!  Because I try to be high on life. 
      November 16, 2017 7:27 AM MST

That's a good way to be. Thank you for your reply og and Happy Friday to thee.
      November 17, 2017 3:59 AM MST