Active Now

Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Former funnyman, now Senator Al Franken, DEM, is the latest pol to be accused of being a sex perv. They come in all flavors don't they?

Former funnyman, now Senator Al Franken, DEM, is the latest pol to be accused of being a sex perv. They come in all flavors don't they?

Posted - November 16, 2017

Responses

Back in the 70s, my wife pointed out an older fellow who knew my wife's dad.  The guy had a rather large family of what looked like mostly teenage girls. As my wife explained ------ the older fellow had children from his teenage daughters!  
      November 16, 2017 11:51 AM MST

OMG! Incest? OMG. Those poor kids. Now that is sex perversion taken to the extreme. It is most evil. Parents are supposed to PROTECT their children, not harm them. SIGH. Thank you for your reply  bh. Some children grow up in terrible homes experiencing terrible things. Sadly.  :(
      November 17, 2017 2:06 AM MST

• He looks like one.

Jabs aside, with this current witch hunt...  Nearly every famous dude is going to be outed as one. Haven't heard his story yet but some of these are turning out to be pretty reaching and ridiculous.
      November 16, 2017 1:28 PM MST

If you are compiling a list of harassers, it would be easier to ask who did NOT do anything and assume everyone did.
      November 16, 2017 1:38 PM MST

I have come to that conclusion Spunky with great sadness. I want/hope/pray that every sexual pervert is outed. That no one gets away with it. It is comforting to know decades later the crimes are discovered and publicized. They can't outrun their past. It just takes awhile to nail them. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday!  :)
      November 17, 2017 1:51 AM MST

He apologized and the accuser accepted. Let's move on.
      November 16, 2017 1:53 PM MST

Men like to move on when the subject is not their cuppa tea and embarrasses them. It isn't that easy for women to "move on". Since you are not a woman you cannot possibly understand so you react as a typical male does. You can't help it. Thank you for your reply.
      November 17, 2017 1:49 AM MST

Whatever you say, Rosie.
      November 17, 2017 6:55 AM MST

Believe or not, as a woman, I say the same thing. I can't imagine that someone your age did not experience any sexual harassment in the workplace. Most of us accepted that it was the norm. Would you honestly remember every grope or innuendo that came your way 40 or 50 years ago? The cultural norm back then was different and many men did not realize how demeaning they were (they perhaps saw it as flirting or flattery) or the effect on women. I am referring to pats on the behind, sexual comments, unwanted propositions, etc, NOT sex crimes or demanding sex for job security. A man who can sincerely apologize and say that he has seen the light is not a sex perv, IMO.
      November 17, 2017 7:17 AM MST

Yes JaneS very good post. This has been my experience. 
      November 17, 2017 7:39 AM MST

Thank you. I wasn't sure anyone would agree.
      November 17, 2017 10:07 AM MST

I agree with you, Jane.  I think most women in the workplace 50 or so years ago experienced some form of sexual harassment whether it was a pat on the bottom, a brush against a breast, etc.  The culture back then was not that it was acceptable, but it was not unusual.  I've had my share of gropers, but none of it rose to the level of perverts or sex crimes.  I have not been traumatized for a lifetime by any of it as some of these women are claiming to be.  Rape is another thing altogether and is completely unacceptable without question. 
      November 17, 2017 7:48 AM MST

I agree with you about moving on---with the only caveat being the actual amount of damage experienced by victim.  (I was so taught to keep my hands to myself as a child, that unless my daughters in law initiate a hug during a "hello" or a "goodbye," the most I am comfortable with is patting them on the shoulder.)

Some, like you, are much less damaged than others---if at all: but some need at least acknowledgment of their pain and some need counseling to become whole again.

Men are "hard wired' to see any women as a potential mate.  Unfortunately, some men are "trousered" apes rather than men of real sensibilities.

Regards...
      November 17, 2017 11:06 AM MST

But if we don't "move on" then we get stuck in only seeing ourselves as victims which paralyzes us.  Instead of just commiserating with each other and wailing about how downtrodden we are why don't we try admiring and emulating those of us who have learned successfully to cope with it and handle it and do something about it?  The reason we don't I see as being because we really don't want each other to succeed. Too bad!
      November 17, 2017 7:38 AM MST

• The political scene isn't the only place that has sexual pervs. You find them in all walks of life. You want some real perverts you don't have to look any further than Hollywood and the music industry.
      November 16, 2017 6:59 PM MST