Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Trump lifted a ban on importing elephant tropies. He decided to keep the ban in place. He is considering lifting it. Whaddya want him to do?

Trump lifted a ban on importing elephant tropies. He decided to keep the ban in place. He is considering lifting it. Whaddya want him to do?

Ivory tusks would be available once again to Americans. I don't know about you but ivory tusks don't exactly float my boat or ring my chimes. I think the elephant needs them a lot more than I do.

Posted - November 18, 2017

Responses

(Par for the course) your first three sentences contradict each other. Lay a premise that makes sense; it really helps to strengthen a diatribe instead of discrediting it.

November 18, 2017 4:54 AM MST

Trump lifted Obama's ban on importing elephant ivory.  A day or so later, Trump decided to reverse his decision and left the ban in place until he reviews the matter more carefully.  Now, he is reconsidering his original decision to life the ban.  I'm not sure why you found this so difficult to understand. 
      November 19, 2017 6:38 AM MST

Thank you, Spunky Senior. I have absolutely no difficulty whatsoever in understanding the way she wrote her post: the opening statements are contradictory  of one another. Your post gives more detail, your post gives clarification, your post explains; hers did none of that. My response to the original post is as valid and to the point as ever, it still stands. Had she written it differently, it might have made more sense. If you wish to defend her, that's fine, perhaps some words to her about how to be clearer are more in order than trying to make it seem as if I misunderstood her. 
    _
      November 19, 2017 6:57 AM MST

Unlike you, I don't feel the need to constantly correct people. 
      November 19, 2017 7:18 AM MST

My response was for RandyD.  I've fixed it, but in doing so, it took out your comment and mine.  Sorry.  Happy Sunday. :)
      November 19, 2017 6:41 AM MST

I don't care  either way. 
      November 19, 2017 7:21 AM MST