Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Element 99
Shuhak
Maurice214
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » D'ya have the "right stuff" to be a great detective? Have you already put that expertise to good use? How?

D'ya have the "right stuff" to be a great detective? Have you already put that expertise to good use? How?

Posted - November 19, 2017

Responses

Yes. Someone broke into my mother's house and stole the 'family jewels'. (this was a few rings handed down from past generations dating back to the 1700s.)  When I found out about this theft, I immediately went into action.  I visited a local gold and jewelry buyer with a descriptive list of stolen items. He had bought them earlier that day for a mere $30.  State law requires that sellers must present an ID  and the buyer must photocopy the ID card. The thief ended up with one year in prison and mother got her jewelry back. 
      November 19, 2017 6:39 AM MST

((hugs)) Good for you bh! What a terrible theft that would have been had you done nothing. Family heirlooms handed down through the years dating back to the 1700's?  How can you replace that? They're priceless. OK kiddo. If I ever have a problem about stuff getting stolen I shall contact you so you can tell me exactly what I should do. Were there many gold and jewelry buyers out there? How did you know to whom to go? Did you just look it up in the yellow pages?  What about Pawn Shops? Thank you for your reply. My gosh have you ever had those precious items appraised? I hope they're insured. Maybe keep them in a bank vault?
      November 20, 2017 5:28 AM MST