Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Are you as quick to compliment when things are good as you are to complain when things aren't? Are you sure?

Are you as quick to compliment when things are good as you are to complain when things aren't? Are you sure?

Posted - November 21, 2017

Responses

• "Not sure.  Never timed myself."
      November 21, 2017 7:41 AM MST

Unfortunately, I don't think so. Take riding in a car for example. It's been pointed out to me that I complain if someone goes a little fast, tailgates or does something I feel to be unsafe but that I don't compliment good driving. 
      November 21, 2017 8:00 AM MST

Yes but now you will tex. You acknowledge what is which means you can change it!  I thanked my Jim for being such a good man just this morning. I thanked him for always treating with respect even when he was angry with me. I thanked him for never making me feel "less than". In the wake of these scumbags crawling out from the woodwork I owe him my thanks for just being civil, polite, kind and loving throughtout all our years together. I shall continue to do that. I fear the scumbag outing has only just begun. If priests and teachers and parents can be sexually perverted/abusive anyone can. SIGH. Two questions I wake up asking each day. "Are we are war yet" and "Which scumbag will be outed today"? Sad ain't it? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      November 21, 2017 8:08 AM MST

Unfortunately, it's a sign of the times. Even the Christian Congregation is not immune. 

(2 Timothy 3:1-5) But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having an appearance of godliness but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.

(Matthew 24:3) While he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”
    (Matthew 24:12) and because of the increasing of lawlessness, the love of the greater number will grow cold.

(1 Corinthians 5:9-13) In my letter I wrote you to stop keeping company with sexually immoral people, 10 not meaning entirely with the sexually immoral people of this world or the greedy people or extortioners or idolaters. Otherwise, you would actually have to get out of the world. 11 But now I am writing you to stop keeping company with anyone called a brother who is sexually immoral or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man. 12 For what do I have to do with judging those outside? Do you not judge those inside, 13 while God judges those outside? “Remove the wicked person from among yourselves.”
      November 21, 2017 8:34 AM MST

Thank you for your reply tex! :)
      November 22, 2017 3:37 AM MST