Active Now

Slartibartfast
my2cents
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » WHAT IF Japan had never attacked Pearl Harbor? WHAT IF the south had won the Civil War? Which WHAT IF would have the most impact? HOW/WHY?

WHAT IF Japan had never attacked Pearl Harbor? WHAT IF the south had won the Civil War? Which WHAT IF would have the most impact? HOW/WHY?

Posted - November 25, 2017

Responses

To me, having a picture of Jefferson Davis or Robert E. Lee on a dollar bill would be rather shocking today. 
      November 25, 2017 6:53 AM MST

You know what bh? I think the Civil War never ended. It is still going on. I think it will never end. People just don't wear uniforms. Thank you for your reply! :)
      November 26, 2017 3:39 AM MST

Interesting concept.
      November 26, 2017 7:15 AM MST

Do you agree or dis bh? We got the racists/bigots out from under their sheets. We got the WHITE supremacists, we got the ALT-RIGHT WHITES per Steve Bannon. We got the WHITE nationalists. We got the KKK and the militias and the extreme right-wing whites who want to go back to the good old days when people of color knew their place. Nothing has changed except that  they are no longer afraid to stand up and be counted. They're all outed and proud as he** of what they are. So you tell me? Is the Civil War over? Where? Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      November 27, 2017 3:05 AM MST

WHAT IF your aunt had testicles? Would that make her your uncle? WHAT IF pigs had wings? Could they fly? WHAT IF that old lady hadn't swallowed the fly? Would she still die?
      November 25, 2017 7:00 AM MST

No change *sigh*
      November 25, 2017 9:01 AM MST

And? This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at November 25, 2017 3:17 PM MST
      November 25, 2017 3:15 PM MST

• The Confederacy winning the Civil War was the earlier event and it's difficult to say what impact a new nation in the Western Hemisphere would have on world events leading up to WWII. Since history itself is a series of causes and effects, the CSA would have had 75 years to impact world events in ways we can't know. Would there have been a Japanese Empire? Who knows. For that matter would there have been an entry of the US and the CSA into WWI? If either war became a reality, would each nation be on the same or opposing sides? Would altered events have brought on either world war? If you follow the actual and true course of events and NOT had a Pearl Harbor attack, it's probably safe to say that the US would have entered WWII anyway. Pressure was strong to do so. Probably the greater impact would have been a new nation sharing the Western Hemisphere with the US, Canada and Mexico. If there was cooperation or antagonism between the CSA and its neighbors would be the key to survival for all concerned.
      November 25, 2017 7:11 AM MST

Had the South won the U.S Civil War the Confederate States of America would have helped or at least allowed the Nazis to win WWII almost one hundred years later. Hitler's goals make the impact obvious. This post was edited by O-uknow at November 26, 2017 3:40 AM MST
      November 25, 2017 8:58 AM MST

Pure speculation based on zero fact, which is what makes alternative history a baseless exercise.
      November 25, 2017 3:17 PM MST

OMG. That would have been disastrous. Thank you for your reply O and Happy Sunday! :)
      November 26, 2017 3:40 AM MST

Some call it speculation but when you look at the descendants of the Confederate South today who are they allied with? Nazis!  Know your enemy. This post was edited by O-uknow at November 26, 2017 8:04 AM MST
      November 26, 2017 8:02 AM MST