Active Now

my2cents
Element 99
Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Armageddon. End of Days. What will trigger it and is it fast coming upon us at lightning speed?

Armageddon. End of Days. What will trigger it and is it fast coming upon us at lightning speed?

Posted - July 30, 2016

Responses

End of days for me will be my death, which could come at any time- look at all the people who were alive yesterday and are gone today, many. 

July 30, 2016 9:12 AM MDT

Israel is a nation again.  We are moving towards a "global" world all the time.  Gov trys to get everyone recieving some sort of assistance....healthcare, food stamps, housing, social security, welfare,  etc.  How many will be able to give up that help when the Mark of the Beast comes into existance? When a leader comes on the global scene an seems to have all the answers to bring in world peace, he will proclaim the answer to Peace and safety. The world will give him power.  And will eventually claim to be God, many will believe the false one.

July 30, 2016 9:53 AM MDT

We have multiple possibilities. Nuclear armageddon, plagues, global warming, resource crisis, natural disasters, et cetera. It can happen at any time. Or not.

July 30, 2016 5:30 PM MDT

Oh dear. I hope you're wrong. i know life isn't a dependable forever. A meteor could take us out or a drunk driver could slam into the house or a terrorist could detonate himself and take you out. It can happen anywhere at any time to anyone.  We all know we are born, live and die. We just don't when or how the end will come. My died had a peaceful death. He took a nap and never awoke. That would be how I would want to go. I always thought it was because he was such a good man that he was rewarded with an easy death. Thank you for your reply monk e

and Happy Sunday to thee!  :)

July 31, 2016 4:23 AM MDT

That fits Trump to a T m2c.   He says he has all the answers. He says he will provide safety and that he is the ONLY ONE who can fix things and YOU believe him. Beware.  He is exactly that monstrous thing of which you speak and you cannot even see it. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday.

July 31, 2016 4:26 AM MDT

Dealer's choice. Crapshoot. Thank you for your reply OW and Happy Sunday! :)

July 31, 2016 4:27 AM MDT

Hello Rosie. Most people I know have already had a chance to hear the good news via knocks on their doors. 

(Mark 13:9, 10) “As for you, look out for yourselves. People will hand you over to local courts, and you will be beaten in synagogues and be put on the stand before governors and kings for my sake, for a witness to them. 10 Also, in all the nations, the good news has to be preached first.

The apostasy has already come. Look at how 'Christian' religions have claimed God is a nameless three-n-one God that tortures his own children in a literal Hell Fire for eternity.

(2 Thessalonians 2:1-4) However, brothers, concerning the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you 2 not to be quickly shaken from your reason nor to be alarmed either by an inspired statement or by a spoken message or by a letter appearing to be from us, to the effect that the day of Jehovah is here. 3 Let no one lead you astray in any way, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction. 4 He stands in opposition and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he sits down in the temple of God, publicly showing himself to be a god.

(Also see the parallel accounts in Matthew 24; Mark 13; Luke 21)

(2 Timothy 3:1-4) But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God,

Some of what hasn't come yet:

Still waiting on the Nations to turn on the religions that have been in bed with them(so to speak). (Rev 17:3,15-18)

Still waiting on the Nations to somehow think and announce that they have achieved peace and security without God's help.

(1 Thessalonians 5:3) Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them, just like birth pains on a pregnant woman, and they will by no means escape.

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2012083?q=%22When+Will+the+War+o...

Events You Are Soon to See Happen

Prophecy 1. The Bible says that the nations will issue a significant declaration of “peace and security.” They may think that they are on the cusp of solving major problems. However, the events that follow this statement will be anything but peaceful.—1 Thessalonians 5:1-3.

Prophecy 2. Next, various governments will decide to move against the world’s religious organizations. In the Bible, these governments are symbolized by a wild beast; and the world’s false religions, by a woman who rides the back of the beast. (Revelation 17:3, 15-18) The symbolic beast will unwittingly do God’s bidding by destroying religions that falsely claim to represent God.

In symbols, the apostle John describes the drama this way: “The ten horns that you saw, and the wild beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire. For God put it into their hearts to carry out his thought.”—Revelation 17:16, 17.

Prophecy 3. Following this successful attack on false religion, Satan will marshal the nations for an assault on those who worship Jehovah God.—Revelation 7:14; Matthew 24:21.

July 31, 2016 5:15 AM MDT
  • Bez

I don't know, Rosie, but I do know that the word "Armageddon" is an anagram of "mad God near". Did you ever notice that, Rosie? Happy Sunday!:)

July 31, 2016 6:10 AM MDT

That day is closer than anyone can imagine. Tex has elaborated on events that will unfold in the near future. It's up to you Rosie if you wish to take the message and warnings now being sounded out seriously or you can ignore it.

July 31, 2016 12:20 PM MDT

• Grandma Doe

Goddamn Era

and Gonad Rad Me

are some of my other favorites. 

July 31, 2016 12:24 PM MDT
  • Bez

"Goddamn Era" is a good one, charface. Why didn't I think of that? Lol:)

July 31, 2016 12:34 PM MDT

Is it fast coming upon us at lightning speed.
    THERE!
    It just came and went and you missed it.
    What triggered it was your desire to witness false popecies and I'm glad we both missed it.

July 31, 2016 6:26 PM MDT

• Nothing will trigger it Rosie.  It is and always has been a myth.  There are uncounted examples one could point to when various types have proclaimed this or that would happen.  It's merely attention seeking, often with a financial motive.

Bad things happen in history.  People look for certainty.  Some find it in voluntarily surrendering their capacity to think clearly.  That's all there is to it.

July 31, 2016 7:21 PM MDT

I wonder how many times humans have given away all their belongings and gathered together on the top of a mountain waiting for THE END! There was one guy whose name I forget who kept giving specific dates of doomsday and it never came. I wonder what became of him? How many times can you get it wrong before folks stop paying attention to you? Thank you for your reply MrWitch and Happy Monday! :)

August 1, 2016 3:03 AM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful and informative reply tex and Happy Monday to thee! :)

August 1, 2016 3:05 AM MDT

No honey I never have but now thanks to you I do! Thank you for your reply AndyB and Happy Monday to thee! :)

August 1, 2016 3:05 AM MDT

This is news to me char. I guess I've led a sheltered life. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)

August 1, 2016 3:06 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Autumn and Happy Monday! :)

August 1, 2016 3:07 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply anti b and Happy Monday to thee! :)

August 1, 2016 3:07 AM MDT

• I had a giggle about that Rosie, then found this, just for fun.  Basic as you like, but it's a long, long list.  :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalypt...

I can give some credence to the last three.  The rest are just baloney.

August 1, 2016 4:04 AM MDT

Hello RosieG and Autumn leaves. Have you been to your convention yet? 

Have you heard about that new law that was supposed to take affect July 20th restricting religious freedom in Russia again? 'Yarovaya Law'.

http://answermug.com/forum/topics/what-do-you-think-of-russia-s-new...

http://www.breitbart.com/faith/2016/07/10/putin-signs-measure-revok...

Putin Signs Measure Revoking Religious Freedom: ‘Most Restrictive in Post-Soviet History’

Russian President Vladimir Putin signed legislation this week that severely restricts freedom of religion by prohibiting any religious speech or evangelization outside of places of worship.

“This new situation resembles the Soviet Union in 1929. At that time confession of faith was permitted only in church,” said Dr. Hannu Haukka, president of Great Commission Media Ministries, reports National Religious Broadcasters (NRB). “Practically speaking, we are back in the same situation. These anti-terrorist laws are some of the most restrictive laws in post-Soviet history.”

The new law, which goes into effect July 20, is actually an amendment to a package of laws against terrorism and extremism approved by the Russian Parliament’s upper chamber. As a result of the legislation, faith sharing in homes, in the media, online, or any place other than a government recognized church is prohibited.

The measure is expected to especially affect evangelical groups and Jehovah’s Witnesses who often share faith in homes rather than traditional churches."

August 1, 2016 5:57 AM MDT

You're welcome RosieG!

August 1, 2016 5:59 AM MDT

Witnessing to All Nations

(Mark 13:10-13; Luke 21:10-19)

Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Mathew 24:9

August 1, 2016 6:21 AM MDT

((hugs)) Merci, gracias, danke schoen,mahalo, thanks m'dear. Whatta hoot! Problem is how many millions of folks took it and take it seriously? I wonder why the end of days is always on a sliding scale? Maybe we should have that investigated.  Sometime. Between congressional vacations! Thank you for your reply and the link MrWitch! :)

August 1, 2016 7:48 AM MDT