Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Are there any Jewish Cherokees?

Are there any Jewish Cherokees?

Posted - November 30, 2017

Responses

Probably, it is possible to convert to Judaism, just not encouraged.
      November 30, 2017 5:44 PM MST

The lost tribe of Israel may have made its way to the Americas. Funny you should ask. This post was edited by O-uknow at November 30, 2017 9:40 PM MST
      November 30, 2017 8:39 PM MST

I dunno?
    I used to be part Cherokee. 

When I was a kid, my Grandmother used to say she was a good part Cherokee so I always thought I was. She had some sort of a DNA test a few ears ago and there's a 93% chance she is not. 7% apparently wasn't identified but none of the 93% identified was any Native American. I was telling a friend of mine that not too long ago and he proceeded to tell us that he is. The reason he doesn't have a Native American Roll Number is because the County Court House in some City in Oklahoma burned down with all the records before there were on line records. (It was his Grandmother who told him that as well.)
    It appears that many people claim to be Native American that are not, especially Cherokee. Just googled and found this:

https://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/history/2015/10/cherokee_blood_why_do_so_many_americans_believe_they_have_cherokee_ancestry.html
    n
    https://timeline.com/part-cherokee-elizabeth-warren-cf6be035967e
    n
    https://www.nerve.com/life/why-do-so-many-people-claim-they-have-cherokee-in-their-blood

[My three sons are part Choctaw. They really are as their birth father has a roll number and so do both of his parents. They get free medical in certain parts of Oklahoma, some free schooling and in Alaska where my middle son lives, he gets a free gym membership with a personal trainer. His wife is part something from up there, not Eskimo but I think Inuit? The Native American tribes cooperate somewhat as she got free medical here and he gets free medical in Alaska.]

Okay, I went off topic. 
    Sorry This post was edited by texasescimo at December 3, 2017 12:56 AM MST
      December 3, 2017 12:44 AM MST

It was interesting.
      December 3, 2017 12:56 AM MST

Thank you. I kinda liked it when I was Cherokee. It's a shame what happened to Native Americans. Of course as a kid growing up in Texas, I thought the Indians were bad and was always wanted to be a cowboy when playing cowboys and Indians. My oldest son let me know a few years ago that they don't like being called Indians and consider that to be derogatory or something. He lived with and around his birth father where there was a large population of Choctaw in Oklahoma in his late teen years.
      December 3, 2017 6:15 PM MST

Yes. They are called CHEWS.
      December 3, 2017 12:45 AM MST

Oh my. Lol
      December 3, 2017 6:15 PM MST