Discussion » Questions » Holidays » What are your best tips for beating the "Holiday Blues"?

What are your best tips for beating the "Holiday Blues"?

Exercise? Volunteering? Food/drugs/sex/alcohol? All of the above?

Posted - December 2, 2017

Responses

Haha! You're welcome!
      December 2, 2017 9:41 PM MST

All of the above for some.

At least the first few for me.  I don't care about sex drugs and rock and roll as far as what I  need to make myself happy during this period. 

This is a time to get out of yourself as much as possible and see what you can do to relieve the unhappiness for the rest of the earth.

Give and give and give and you won't have time to be depressed.

Give your time.  Give your love.  Give.  You can't be depressed when you feel proud of yourself for not thinking only of Yourself.

December 3, 2017 9:32 AM MST

I agree with you, Sharonna. The only issue I sometimes have is that I feel bad for not being able to do more. I'm grateful that I have empathy, but sometimes it can be overwhelming. It does get one's mind off of their own troubles and grief, though. 

What a beautiful scene! Reminds me of my go-to cure for the blues, and that's to get outside and enjoy nature. I hope we get some snow this year. That Chinese hoax called climate change has really affected the winter weather we used to get here. ;)

Thanks for posting, and hope your holidays are happy. 

December 4, 2017 9:37 AM MST

Do you know who painted that?  Whistler. The artist who did Whistler's Mother, that famous painting.  This is much more beautiful. 

Thank you for enjoying my answer. As I posted I realized what a total hypocrite I am, talking that talk and wondering when the last time was I walked the walk.  I hope I am conscious enough to try and make life better for other humans, and feel wonderful about helping.

The fact that you said this to me makes me feel great.  So, I appreciate it and want you to know that is exactly what I mean.  It was NICE.

Just yesterday, I was supposed to go feed the homeless and I had no sleep and just rolled over because I know if I got up with no sleep the whole day would be ruined because I would be running on empty.  So, I am no Mother Theresa.  But I want to live my life inspiring those who need a mental lift and point the way out of just normal depressions and give hope.

I can do that little bit and know that it means a lot.  A smile costs nothing. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 4, 2017 9:45 AM MST
      December 4, 2017 9:43 AM MST