Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » Some folks can be hypnotized. Some can't. Is brainwashing like that? Some are susceptible and some are immune? WHY?

Some folks can be hypnotized. Some can't. Is brainwashing like that? Some are susceptible and some are immune? WHY?

Posted - December 2, 2017

Responses

• I would say that it's all about information.
    What news you watch, what you read, where you Iive, work and who you're surrounded by on a daily basis and what you've experienced in life and whether other people's opinions are influencing your opinions.
    Whether you're allowed to have your own opinion within your community without fear of being attacked for going against the band wagon or the big industries that your neighbours work for etc.
    I think some people are easily brainwashed because they honestly don't know any better so the loudest voice getting the most attention is what they listen to.
    Others just go along with their family, friends and neighbours out of either fear or ignorance.
    I'm fortunate that my family was not very political so I was free to take in whatever information was available from various sources and form my own opinions about everything.
    I live in an area where the oil industry is king and can do no wrong so thinking for yourself around here is somewhat frowned upon, but I would rather be my own person than just blindly following the group, you know?
    Thanks. : )

December 2, 2017 8:45 AM MST

Thank you for your thoughtful and meticulous analysis in response to my question Truthseeker. Happy Sun day! :)
      December 3, 2017 6:12 AM MST

That is an impossible question to answer.

A person who has been brainwashed could be in a clinical atmosphere or kidnapped.

How long?   Does everyone have a set timer?  No.  So a person who can withstand brainwashing for a period of 2 weeks may cave  in after 3 weeks.  Or 3 months.  Or 3 years.

How can we know?  They have to be tested beyond their endurance.

Everyone's is dissimilar.
      December 2, 2017 8:48 AM MST

A question impossible for you to answer maybe Sharon. Truthseeker had no problem with it. Why I don't know. I don't agree with thee that everything is dissimilar. I think much of life  is connected and therefore similar and looking for the connection takes up a lot of time. I speak for me not for thee. I am constantly searching for connections among seemingly disparate things. I often find them. It's worth the time to me to do so. It makes some things easier to understand for me. Different strokes. Thank you for your reply.
      December 3, 2017 6:15 AM MST

I don't think you can answer How LONG?  Because?  It varies. 

I don't think Truth Seeker knows how long.  I don't care what he said.  I'm sure he gave an answer that was very thoughtful and well done.  But he doesn't have a clue how long. 

That is what I meant.  Who can say.  It changes for each individual.  That is what I meant.  I could not have been more clear.

I'm happy that you are pleased with Truth Seeker.

Maybe you should give him best answer. 

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 3, 2017 8:07 AM MST
      December 3, 2017 8:03 AM MST