Active Now

my2cents
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » A woman who was born without a uterus gave birth to a baby at Baylor University Hospital in Dallas, Texas. Amazed?

A woman who was born without a uterus gave birth to a baby at Baylor University Hospital in Dallas, Texas. Amazed?

It was the first baby born in the US after a uterus transplant. It is not the first in the world. Several years ago in Sweden it was done and now worldwide there are more. The Dallas woman has not been identified due to reason of wishing to preserve her privacy. Isn't that a miracle?

Posted - December 2, 2017

Responses

I think that medical science has done some incredible things in the past 10-20 years.  I am particularly hopeful in the field of stem cell research which could be the answer to cures for many terrible diseases.  Of course, the other side of the coin is that Mother Nature will come up with other incurable diseases to keep the population under control.  Think of what would happen if no one dies other than of old age - we would soon overpopulate the Earth, famine would increase, we would encroach on the habitats of animals causing them to become endangered, etc. 
      December 2, 2017 10:29 AM MST

I guess if they can do a face transplant or a head transplant a uterus isn't that off the charts. But still being born without the ability to bear children and then being "repaired" so you can? Pretty nifty. I've read  that war and disease is Nature's Way of keeping the planet from being overrun with humans. Last I heard there are over 7 billion of us Spunky so I guess we need more wars/disease. I also read that somewhere carved in stone are mysterious words, among which are that 500,000,000 is the ideal total number of humans on  the planet. I think that's the figure. So we're way over the top on that one! Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      December 3, 2017 1:59 AM MST

Compared to head and face, a uterus is a piece of cake. 
      December 3, 2017 10:30 AM MST

Gee, I never asked a potential lover if she had a uterus or not. Of course, I am married so I know my wife is intact. It has been demonstrated.
      December 2, 2017 6:10 PM MST

Interesting but not the point bh. Do you think it is a wonderful thing that a woman born without the ability to
    bear children can be "repaired" so she can? Thank for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      December 3, 2017 2:00 AM MST