Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Communication » You're so afraid to say anything you remain silent. You have views but they remain with you. What/whom do you fear? Who can harm you?

You're so afraid to say anything you remain silent. You have views but they remain with you. What/whom do you fear? Who can harm you?

Posted - December 2, 2017

Responses

I don't walk around pushing my opinions on anyone.  To me it is like pearls before swine.  If I am asked, I answer.  I have no interest in changing anyone's mind.  That is their own business.

And yes, since my paycheck often depends on it, I shut the heck up unless I am called upon to insert my opinion at work.

Anyplace else, I count my options.  If talking is going to make my life miserable, I opt to shut it because I am not going to get anywhere. 

If it is a moral issue and I need to speak out, I will.
      December 2, 2017 10:11 AM MST

Thank you for your reply Sharon.
      December 3, 2017 5:17 AM MST

If people don't speak, you assume they feel friendly toward you. If you don't speak, they don't speak. Whoever speaks first runs the chance of being rejected, and there is no recovery from rejection. So as long as you remain silent, everybody can pretend to feel loved. Speak and the illusion is shattered.
      December 2, 2017 4:06 PM MST