Active Now

Urban Spaceman
Randy D
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What the he ** happened to all the former Republican DEFICIT HAWKS? They rolled over and wimpered their approval. Why?

What the he ** happened to all the former Republican DEFICIT HAWKS? They rolled over and wimpered their approval. Why?

They ADDED $1.4 TRILLION to our deficit. They have become deaf, dumb and treacherous. Good job y'all. You will be remembered fondly by we the people for screwing we the people so royally. Good job. Keep it up. We have our eyes on you. We are watching you.  SIGH

Posted - December 2, 2017

Responses

You know nothing about economics. The stimulus effect of the cuts maintains or even increases revenue while reducing welfare expenditure by creating jobs.

Think. Just think. A person pays less tax, has more money, spends more money, causing someone else to have more income, and pay more tax. Low taxes give the government a small slice of a big pie. High taxes give the government a big slice of a small pie.
      December 2, 2017 11:12 AM MST

If I'm not mistaken, that was the theory behind Reagan's trickle down economics as well as George Bush's tax reduction.  Neither of them worked.  What makes you think it will work now? 
      December 2, 2017 11:20 AM MST

It's never been tried. Reagan massively increased government spending. Bush was just establishment scum. He massively increased the size of government spending with only minimal tax cuts. They just talked the talk.

Trump is actually trying to do it. He may fail. He needs to get spending cuts through as well and that's not going to be easy.

It stands to reason that it works. It's just basic mathematical logic. It stands to reason that a low tax economy motivates people to produce because it allows them to afford the things they desire. Anyone who doesn't believe in it needs to explain why it doesn't work.
      December 2, 2017 11:34 AM MST

Because the people who will benefit the most is that 1% which already has more money than they know what to do with.  In looking at the proposed tax cuts for everyone else, it doesn't appear as though most middle class people will get nearly as much of a benefit if all the deductions go away, even though the standard deduction is higher. 

Companies are rich with cash now.  They aren't spending it and, when their CEOs were asked if they would hire more people, there were only a couple of hands that went up.  The others said they would plow the money back into dividends for their shareholders.  So, how exactly does that help Joe Schmo unless he's invested in the stock market?  None of those executives said they had plans to bring their manufacturing back to the US - not even Trump has said he would do that.  Trump is so concerned about manufacturing going overseas.  Why doesn't he set an example and bring his manufacturing back?  He's nothing but a hot air balloon.
      December 2, 2017 12:45 PM MST

It doesn't matter that some have more money than they know what to do with. The money gets deposited in a bank and invested, making it available to others. No man is an island. Everything is connected.

Dividends for shareholders are good. Shareholders are not some shadowy group lording it over the people. Everyone is a shareholder directly or indirectly through pensions etc etc. Everyone is directly or indirectly affected by the stock market.

Expecting CEOs to bring manufacturing back out of some kind of selfless public service is typical leftist thinking. Just make it in the interest of companies to return, and they will return. In many sectors it's simply not possible to return. They would go bankrupt if they tried because they wouldn't be able to compete in the global market place.

I'm well aware the task of saving our civilization is a difficult one. Though we have to try. If we do nothing and let the status quo continue, we have no future whatsoever. People just don't realize how far we can fall. The west could easily be a 3rd world sh*t hole soon. That's not an exaggeration.
      December 2, 2017 1:21 PM MST

Time will tell - I'm willing to bet that big companies are not going to start hiring a boatload of people once the taxes are lowered and manufacturing that can come back, most likely won't.  If that happens, the GOP will have added more than a trillion dollars to the national debt - something they excoriated the Democrats about for 8 years. 
      December 2, 2017 6:58 PM MST

:):):)
      December 3, 2017 2:39 AM MST

Like a dog who's just fetched his masters slippers, republicans stand proud over their "victory" awaiting a pat on the head (who's a good boy?).  Yet what they really did was crap all over their masters bed.  For years they've cried "deficit, deficit, too much deficit!" ($1 is too much!!)  Yet now that they have control, they cry, "we're in the money; we're in the money!" ($3.5 Trillion is chump change).  They proudly stand over their steaming pile of dung, wagging their tails.  "Just look at this great thing we did for you!   You should be proud of us!  Now tell us how good we are."  Not once do they give a single thought about who has to clean it up their "gift", or to the fact that their master still has to sleep in that bed.  

Unfortunately, the master ("we the people") seem to have rather short memories.  Sure we say "bad dog" as we're forced to sleep in the crap (oh-ho.. come election time you're history!  You hear me?!).  Yet when the time comes to get rid of the dog and (possibly) get a new better, "we the people" balk.  We turn a blind eye to the cold piles of crap around us and listen to the sweet yiping's he makes - "re-elect me I'll make you prosper"; "Look, I'm already trained.  Training a new dog will take a long time"; "Look how good I've been to you".  Then just as soon as we say, 'we're keeping you' another pile appears on the bed.  And once more we angrily shout - "just you wait!  Come election time we'll show you... we'll get ourselves a new dog!" .

As for "trickle down economics"...

"If you feed someone lots of money, they don't piss out coins, they just crap on you more."

Rich people don't want to spend their money, they only want to get more of it.  Money equals power so the more money one has have the more power they wield.  Having to spend some of their trillions makes them weaker.

Perish the thought of a corporation paying an employee what they're worth.  Nah, exploit them!  Make them do the work of 4 employees (fire the rest), but only pay that person minimum wage AND make them do those jobs in 1/4 of the time (or get someone else).  Health care?  Bah!  If they want health care let them pay for it themselves - and if they ever call in sick .. even just once, fire 'em!  Vacation pay?  Retirement benefits?  What do they think this is, the 60's??  Get those slaves back to work!   (and if they dare complain, dock 'em a day's pay) 

December 2, 2017 2:41 PM MST

I'd love to put your response on a poster and have it hung on every wall in every school and every business. It's priceless shuhak! Of course I agree with thee. You just articulated it so much better than I could have done.  SIGH. Thank you for your thoughtful analysis and Happy Sunday! :)
      December 3, 2017 2:42 AM MST