Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » Do they have black Santa Clauses anywhere? How about Asian?

Do they have black Santa Clauses anywhere? How about Asian?

Posted - December 2, 2017

Responses

• There are Asian Santas in some places:

December 2, 2017 9:41 PM MST

• I've seen statues and cut outs of it but it's silly to me. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 2, 2017 9:52 PM MST
      December 2, 2017 9:52 PM MST

What color are you?  If you are not black or asian then maybe that is why.
      December 2, 2017 10:11 PM MST

• It doesn't matter what color I am

I find it silly to make a  Euro legend character that isn't from African or Asian legends African or Asian. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 3, 2017 4:37 AM MST
      December 2, 2017 11:20 PM MST

I think it is even sillier to make a REAL PERSON like Jesus have blond hair and blue eyes.

You know?

This is a Euro character who grew to be more than that old idea, who symbolizes giving and spreading Joy throughout the world.  Santa is more than some Euro character.  He has been adopted by the world. Therefore the world gets to see him the way they want just like people see Jesus. 

Blond hair and blue eyes?  You have got to be KIDDING. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 3, 2017 12:30 AM MST
      December 3, 2017 12:29 AM MST

• Hell with Jesus.   He's most likely a made up character too.  There really isn't any historical evidence of him.

Sorry but Red, Yellow, black, brown Santa s silly.   It's not any big deal, but it's silly.
      December 3, 2017 7:01 AM MST

Strikingly, there was never any debate in the ancient world about whether Jesus of Nazareth was a historical figure. In the earliest literature of the Jewish Rabbis, Jesus was denounced as the illegitimate child of Mary and a sorcerer. Among pagans, the satirist Lucian and philosopher Celsus dismissed Jesus as a scoundrel, but we know of no one in the ancient world who questioned whether Jesus lived.
      December 3, 2017 11:13 AM MST

• That's not evidence.

The only evidence about the life of Jesus is in thee Bible.  There are no other records of his life.  There are other records mentioning him written far after his life.  The earliest Being Josephus and some Roman records.  Again though all compiled long after his death and not any written by anyone who claimed to know him.
      December 3, 2017 11:21 AM MST

Go to where there is a White mayor, White police chief and an all White fire department of a majority Black community in the land of mixed up priorities. There you will find a Black Santa.
      December 2, 2017 10:55 PM MST

What is your point supposed to be?  Lost me.
      December 3, 2017 12:31 AM MST

The origin of santa is thought to come from Saint Nicholas who didn't have white skin.  However, todays Santa is more likely to be associated with norse god odin, and the celtic and druid Holly king, who may be the green man/horned god for the rest of the year when the land is more fertile. He was dressed in red and white due to coca cola.

His roots may also be linked to Saturn or Cronus who were also known as Old Father Time.

This would relate to the time of year being Saturnalia in pagan tradition, and basically we do celebrate all pagan traditions under a different guise.

Above is the pagan wheel of the year, and this is known by other names, the wheel of the zodiac, the wheel of year, the wheel of fortune, a clock, Mazzoroth,

Saturn rules in Aquarius and Capricorn, which is why pan is half man half goat, why satan is half man half goat, this is the horned god, the green man so on so forth. The sun transits Capricorn from 22nd December.  The sun is thought to be reborn in March 23 spring, and comes into its full power in Summer which is why it's associated with a Lion in leo, and then after Libra (the weighing of the scales or harvest, and the autumn equinox on sept 23rd) when day and night are again at equal length, the sun begins to lose it's strength and the darkness wins, it is at it's weakest before December 22nd, where it hangs in the sky for three days and then strengthens again until it reaches March 23rd where it wins it's battle over the darkness.  This is all about the cycles of the year, when to sow, when to reap, the harvest, and it is so closely associated with our own living circumstances, how much rest and sleep, when we work, that we celebrate it all year round.

The river Thames in the UK is actually named after Old Father Time.
      December 3, 2017 5:43 AM MST

if they celebrate christmas in africa, it must be there :-P
      December 3, 2017 10:34 AM MST

I grew up in Montana between the ages of 7 and 13.  For me, Christmas was cold and had snow on the ground.  I have lived in Texas for almost 60 years and I still enjoy Christmas although it is now general warm (relatively speaking) and very, very seldom has snow on the ground---although the occasional cold front increases my enjoyment to some degree.

Not surprisingly, it turns out that Christmas for me is not about the weather---it touches upon a much more significant reality.

Same thing with Santa Claus---a physiognomy that a child can relate to simply makes it easier for him to enjoy the whole concept of a person who can give him all he needs with no strings attached.

Nice preparation for understanding the God myth.
      December 3, 2017 11:23 AM MST