Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Politicized POETIC JUSTICE! Excluding the obscenely wealthy like Trump the "cut cut cut" bill hurts Trump voters most! What happens now?

Politicized POETIC JUSTICE! Excluding the obscenely wealthy like Trump the "cut cut cut" bill hurts Trump voters most! What happens now?

Nothing will happen right away. Then at some point the bill will be reconciled, passed, signed and  become effective. That is when the electorate will see on their own tax returns the damage done to them from what was passed so quickly. It is only then they will understand the extreme folly of their ways but it will be too late. They will be stuck. They got what they wanted after so what's the problem?

Posted - December 3, 2017

Responses

Tax cuts do not hurt me.....
      December 3, 2017 5:15 AM MST

Spoken as though you are the only one who counts.  Bravo.
      December 3, 2017 11:18 AM MST

I am certainly not the only one who counts but the question claims the Tax Cut and Jobs Act will only help the ultra rich....which I am not....tax cut are across the board for every taxpayer.
    So the premise of the question if a false assumption. 
      December 3, 2017 2:48 PM MST

Since no one really knows yet what is in that tax bill, neither of us can state with any certainly who it will help and who it won't.  Clearly, it appears that the tax cuts for corporations are permanent while the tax cuts for everyone else doesn't make it an even-handed way to do business.  Also, you can be sure that if it's approved by Congress, no one in the "elite" bracket will be hurt by it.  There are those who earn something in the middle who will find their taxes higher if they eliminate certain deductions.  That doesn't seem fair to me at all.  While the tax cuts may be across the board, that tax cut won't mean much if the deductions are removed - even if they double the standard deduction.  And, if you have very high medical expenses, the deductions for which are also being eliminated, you will, in effect, be taxed more, not less.  And, I haven't even begun to discuss the addition of $1.4 TRILLION dollars added to the deficit or how many people will be unable to afford health insurance. 
      December 3, 2017 3:05 PM MST

As you say, we don't know....so the question is still a false assumption.  
      December 3, 2017 3:48 PM MST

:):):)
      December 4, 2017 2:28 AM MST

Total nonsense. 

Though even if your assertion were true, so what? Taxes and government spending should be cut because that is liberty, justice and economic sanity. I don't care whether cutting taxes advantages me personally or not. It's a principle I believe in.

Focusing on the short term, direct, personal effects of legislation is how stupid, short sighted, selfish people think. I'm focused on the long term indirect effects for society as a whole. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at December 5, 2017 4:17 PM MST
      December 3, 2017 4:32 PM MST