Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » If you took a high quality metal detector and wandered endlessly throughout the Sahara Desert what interesting treasures might you find?

If you took a high quality metal detector and wandered endlessly throughout the Sahara Desert what interesting treasures might you find?

Posted - December 3, 2017

Responses

Maybe a gold mine. Or some WWII relics.
      December 3, 2017 8:05 AM MST

Yes.. I am looking for treasures  hundreds or thousands of years old mostly. 
      December 3, 2017 8:09 AM MST

Anything with metal in it.
    The largest desert in the world, the Sahara is a huge, natural resource-rich area of northern Africa. Covering a massive part of the continent and encompassing the recognized legal borders of many countries, the Sahara Desert stretches from the Atlantic Ocean in the west to the Red Sea in the east and stretches south from the Mediterranean Sea. The desert covers about 3.5 million square miles. The word "sahara" is from the Arabic word "sahra," which means "desert."

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 3, 2017 8:14 AM MST
      December 3, 2017 8:08 AM MST

Gold - silver - jewelry - ancient weapons - tools, etc.

Enough treasures so I could fund a search of the ocean bottom next.

3.5 million square miles -that's more area than Canada.  All we have here is the Canadian Shield;  solid rock. This post was edited by Kittigate at December 3, 2017 8:18 AM MST
      December 3, 2017 8:14 AM MST

Perhaps a camel toe ring. 
      December 3, 2017 9:04 AM MST