Discussion » Questions » Fashion » How do hipsters dress? I mean if I want to turn into one, what do I wear?

How do hipsters dress? I mean if I want to turn into one, what do I wear?

Posted - December 3, 2017

Responses

Very nice. 

I still see them trying to copy what was considered a hipster back then.  I never thought to correlate it, but that is absolutely right.  That is why they are confused.  They cannot repeat the past.  They don't even know why they are doing it.

There were always posers.  I'm sure you know the term.  This seems to be a group of people who are trying to have fun and have some purpose, but their purpose is lost on me.  I'm not even judging them, I just know very little about this and very much about what you just described years ago.

I guess I am old. 

December 4, 2017 9:33 AM MST

Yes?  Thank you because reading the answers I at least get some notion of what they are thinking.  I just turned 60 and was in the last class of "hippies" in the mid 1970s though was too young to know much about the former "hipsters" but just remember older people talking about that.  Guess I don't see the connection.  I guess they take aspects of the past and dwell on certain parts of them where originally of course they grew out of the way life was at the time.  And out of the original contexts they have different meanings.  But if that is what they enjoy then why not?  Guess I was never smart enough or faddish enough to be a poser when I was young. 
      December 4, 2017 10:10 AM MST

You are not the poser type.  You know what I mean.  They are everywhere.  Not just in history or not just HIPSTERS.

I think you described it exactly.  I do see the correlation because you pointed it out to me very succinctly here.

You did good.  
      December 4, 2017 10:13 AM MST

Thank you.
      December 4, 2017 10:15 AM MST