Just Asking
Nevan B
TrumpianZeitgeist
tom jackson
Element 99
Piper
Truthseeker
Danilo_G
Lady Hermit
CLURT
bhwilson
SpunkySenior
goody2shoos
Sharonna's PREZ is ODIOUS
Malizz
Ancient One
Stu Bee
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » If marriage is like an institution, is a divorce akin to a parole, or to a full pardon? ~

If marriage is like an institution, is a divorce akin to a parole, or to a full pardon? ~

Posted - December 6

• 3467
    A full pardon is something you get for free, divorce is expensive.
      December 7, 2017 2:28 AM MST
    1

• 11975
      Good point, LOL!

"Love is grand, divorce is one hundred grand." (Original author unknown, may have been Groucho Marx.)

~
      December 7, 2017 4:56 AM MST
    0

• 21
    I think the initial separation is like the parole and the final divorce is the pardon.
      December 7, 2017 3:25 AM MST
    1

• 7015
    Depends on if there is alimony involved or kids. If there is either one, then it is parole because you are still linked to the ex-spouse. 
    If neither, then you are free to go...full pardon. This post was edited by my2cents at December 7, 2017 4:56 AM MST
      December 7, 2017 4:49 AM MST
    2

• 22158
    Is there alimony?  Then its parole.

Drat.  I just read My 2.  How did she manage to copy from me when she got here first?  Weird talent, that one. This post was edited by Sharonna's PREZ is ODIOUS at December 8, 2017 3:18 AM MST
      December 7, 2017 4:53 AM MST
    3