Malizz
MorningStar
officegirl
Sharonna hearts Michael A.
Adaydreambeliever
Don Barzini
CLURT
Lickitysplit
Nevan B
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » If marriage is like an institution, is a divorce akin to a parole, or to a full pardon? ~

If marriage is like an institution, is a divorce akin to a parole, or to a full pardon? ~

Posted - December 6, 2017

• 4846
    A full pardon is something you get for free, divorce is expensive.
      December 7, 2017 2:28 AM MST
    1

• 15646
      Good point, LOL!

"Love is grand, divorce is one hundred grand." (Original author unknown, may have been Groucho Marx.)

~
      December 7, 2017 4:56 AM MST
    0

• 49
    I think the initial separation is like the parole and the final divorce is the pardon.
      December 7, 2017 3:25 AM MST
    1

• 9332
    Depends on if there is alimony involved or kids. If there is either one, then it is parole because you are still linked to the ex-spouse. 
    If neither, then you are free to go...full pardon. This post was edited by my2cents at December 7, 2017 4:56 AM MST
      December 7, 2017 4:49 AM MST
    2

• 25612
    Is there alimony?  Then its parole.

Drat.  I just read My 2.  How did she manage to copy from me when she got here first?  Weird talent, that one. This post was edited by Sharonna hearts Michael A. at December 8, 2017 3:18 AM MST
      December 7, 2017 4:53 AM MST
    3