Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Have you ever had LOW blood pressure? For about a year I felt a decrease in my energy level and stamina.

Have you ever had LOW blood pressure? For about a year I felt a decrease in my energy level and stamina.

I went to a cardiologist and he immediately took me off one of my meds.

Posted - December 8, 2017

Responses

All my life. Normal for me is 105/70.
      December 8, 2017 2:12 PM MST

That's an ideal BP reading.

December 8, 2017 7:08 PM MST

Yep, but it's below that as often as not  and has dropped alarmingly on occasion. After surgery, it crashed to 50/*** (too low to measure), I was transfused with half a unit and an adrenalin shot.
    Also happened when I was stung by a bee. That almost killed me,  I've carried an epipen for over thirty years.
      December 9, 2017 1:42 PM MST

My blood pressure has always ran a little low and was never a problem when I was younger. But I have noticed that the older I get the less energy I have.
      December 8, 2017 2:26 PM MST

Hi Element my blood pressure is normal, but I'm very conscious about my salt intake. I don't eat readymade food, it has a lot of salt, since it is used as a preservative. I do have a neighbor who suffers from cholesterol, she complained of severe pain in her front arm, the Doctor immediately stopped the medicine, so, maybe it was just a side effect.;))
    Now, lemme give you some tips, consume ginger in more quantity, it has anti–clotting and anti–spasmodic and anti–inflammatory, along with many useful properties that will assist in stimulating the blood circulation and thereby increasing the blood flow in order to get a proper blood pressure.Drink a lot of plain water, it is essential for every organ to help it work normally and function regularly. Hence, the main reason making the blood pressure lower is the deficiency of intravascular fluids in the body. In general, your blood vessels have a space of fluid that is made by the serum and blood cells.
    As a Mugger, drink lots of coffee;)) Caffeine is beneficial in increasing the blood pressure dramatically. This post was edited by Veena.K at December 9, 2017 3:19 AM MST
      December 8, 2017 3:02 PM MST

Ive never had either, but I hope your ok Element 99. I worry you know. ;)
      December 8, 2017 3:15 PM MST

Nope.  I make sure I have a clean diet and I never drink.

That screws with your blood pressure.  That and no exercise.

Start walking. 
      December 8, 2017 4:48 PM MST

no but ive had high cholesterol and im prediabetic
      December 8, 2017 4:57 PM MST

My blood pressure has always been a tad low because I'm so small. My only problem seems to be occasional dizziness, usually if I stand up too fast.
      December 8, 2017 6:10 PM MST

It's hard to get the BP meds and diuretics just right, I've heard people say.  I hope he gets the right recipe for you.

Yes, mine is often around 90/50 but sometimes 100/60ish.  My heartbeat is somewhat slow too.  Good when you're young but as we get older not so good.   This post was edited by Thriftymaid at December 9, 2017 3:20 AM MST
      December 8, 2017 7:09 PM MST