Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » Did you do your x-mas shopping yet?

Did you do your x-mas shopping yet?

Image result for gifs of people falling down stairs

Posted - December 8, 2017

Responses

I don't give Christmas gifts so I don't have that yearly thing to do.  I do buy my grandkids something small and meaningful at Christmas.  I've talked to them about it and they understand.................they know they'll get a great birthday gift.  :)

I have taken advantage of the sales this year online and spent quite a lot of money on things for my house.  My favorite is the Roomba vacuum cleaner.  That was so much fun I bought a second one for upstairs.  The fact that they clean under the furniture and the beds is enough to fall in love with them.  Anyway, those and lamps and linens, and rugs and bookcases.etc.......I'm afraid to look at my Visa bill.  :)   Maybe tomorrow...... This post was edited by Thriftymaid at December 9, 2017 6:18 AM MST
      December 8, 2017 6:26 PM MST

I know what your saying about x-mas gifts. My poor son was born two days after x-mas, but we never jipped him of a good birthday. Our pockets hurt, however, by the new year. ;D
      December 8, 2017 6:35 PM MST

Done and done!
      December 8, 2017 6:38 PM MST

I am wrapping up now. Just a few more to get. Now I have to literally get them wrapped up...I have not started that yet.
    Merry Christmas!
      December 8, 2017 6:49 PM MST

• not until tomorrow

well except my mother i just purchased her a new spacious handbag online so she will stop asking to borrow mine 
      December 8, 2017 6:56 PM MST

• I've done most of it, yes, online. Still have one more thing to get. Thankfully I really only have to buy gifts for my mom and dad.
      December 8, 2017 7:18 PM MST

Yes. I already sent the presents and everything.  God I love the internet.

I got a Marc Jacobs suede jacket for my daughter at ThredUP for 13 bucks and it was about 70 discounted.

So I got a smoking deal.

That was one thing.  I like to walk around and look at things, but it is so easy to shop by net now.
      December 8, 2017 7:20 PM MST

I also love to shop in stores, to actually see what I am buying. And comparison shop. But usually I still end up ordering it online cause the deal is better. Lol
      December 9, 2017 7:09 AM MST

Yep, I have to admit it winds up saving time and money but right now is a fun time especially to go look at Christmas decor in person.  Pier 1 is really nice to me.

December 9, 2017 7:57 AM MST

OMG!!!!!!!! That video is frightening!! That poor lady! I could only watch once and I had no idea what would happen until it happened.

My simple "presence" is my "presents" to others.
    Ha!
    :)

I don't buy a lot presents to be honest. I've done no shopping.
    :)
      December 8, 2017 9:22 PM MST

I don't Christmas shop.
      December 9, 2017 6:22 AM MST