Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Language » What comes to mind when you hear the term gun nut?

What comes to mind when you hear the term gun nut?

The first thing that come to mind to me is someone who collects guns and studies the history of guns. What I do not understand is dimwits who call thugs who use gun for evil purposes gun nuts. Most of those thugs are not gun nuts they are just people who use guns to commit crimes. It is like calling someone who runs people over with a car as a car nut. Now I know there are people who fit my description of what a gun nut is that have committed crimes with guns, but the vast majority of times where someone commits a crime with a gun is is not by a gun nut.    

Posted - December 11, 2017

Responses

What comes to mind when you here the term gun nut?

December 11, 2017 4:43 PM MST

someone thats nuts about guns
      December 11, 2017 4:44 PM MST

Someone who just loves guns. My father is a gun nut. He collects many different kinds from different time periods and only ever brings them out for cleaning and sometimes goes to the range with them. Sometimes he brings me along and we have fun together. I'm not a gun nut though, but I rather like the cute little teeny tiny guns.
      December 11, 2017 7:14 PM MST

The first thing I tend to think is that the person using the term has neither knowledge of nor respect for the usefulness and necessity of guns.

As always...JMHO
      December 11, 2017 8:26 PM MST