Active Now

Randy D
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Have you ever slowly faded from, or stopped replying to someone who.. ?

Have you ever slowly faded from, or stopped replying to someone who.. ?

Does not ask you about 'you' and your life too? I feel so badly b/c the person I was getting to know/chat with was kind and warm, and seemed to really want to help people. After a few initial interactions about our overall life, and tribulations (which we connected on), I would ask them questions of their likes /passions /daily day, but they did not of me. I began to feel sullen over a bit of time, and sad. I just cared I guess, more ? I'm not sure, it felt that way a bit. It panged me that I was the only one asking so began to stop chatting.. I feel so badly , but I don't know how to just say, 'you don't seem to be curious of 'me' ?  I just find it too open/direct. It's been a bit since talking now .. the person had inquired about it (me stopping) initially, but the second time I stopped they have not inquired in quite a bit. That makes me sad too :(  What can u do?  Have u ever encountered/or faded from someone feeling badly about it?

Posted - December 12, 2017

Responses

• Yes, that has happened to me many times. I figure they've just run out of steam and moved on. It doesn't bother me, tho. I've done the same thing to others.
      December 12, 2017 7:35 PM MST

Sometimes, you may connect with another person because of similar vulnerabilities, but if those are the only things you talk about, it becomes tiresome after a while.  If you really want to know why that person has stopped communicating with you, the most direct approach is the best, even though you said it's too direct.  Why beat around the bush?
      December 12, 2017 7:42 PM MST

No I mean, I faded a bit, to not really chatting now, b/c it was too direct to say' You don't seem interested in me/my likes etc.' :(  They has asked why they hadn't heard from me the first time , and I didn't really say, just chatted more..but the second time, have they have not inquired why I have not replied in a while (which also makes me sad) ...but it's ok. It might have just been an end of the road. It pangs me though b/c I did enjoy them ... thx S
      December 12, 2017 8:11 PM MST

If someone asks you why you weren't contacting them and you don't tell them, you're the one who's to blame for them not continuing the friendship.  I don't know why you're so afraid to be direct when someone asks you a question.  You can ask on here over and over again why that person did what they did, but no one here knows and unless you ask that person, you won't know either.
      December 12, 2017 9:20 PM MST

Well they didn't ask why I wasn't contacting them, they asked, 'haven't heard from you in bit, are you okay?' So I just went on from there to chat, and they again didn't seem interested in 'me' as I am in them. :( I still like them it's strange, but it hurt, so I slowly faded... I feel badly, but I don't also want to ask someone, 'Do u want to know about 'me' too .... ?' I'd feel way too weird asking it you know? So now that  I have faded, they have not contacted me with a 'why'... which also hurts. Oh well, guess that's just how it is ...
      December 13, 2017 2:34 PM MST

Well, sometimes relationships just fade.
      December 13, 2017 8:13 PM MST