Discussion » Questions » Business » How long did it take the elite class to figure out using corporations to take over the world is much more effective than military action?

How long did it take the elite class to figure out using corporations to take over the world is much more effective than military action?

Posted - December 13, 2017

Responses

• They always knew that.  The military and government ARE a corporation and vice-versa.  Corporations have always been a means of demeaning the general masses of people.  That's why the early American Forefathers and many that came after were so strongly opposed to them except for short pre-approved times to develop a new technology.  Corporations are government created entities that feed of each other and are a direct opposition to freedom and a government of the people and for the people.
      December 13, 2017 3:39 PM MST

Too few understand this. 
      December 13, 2017 4:17 PM MST

So we have an Oligarchy? 
      December 13, 2017 3:41 PM MST

• Not quite IMHO.  That word gets overused and thrown around without fully understanding it.   It's like the words fascism and communism in that regard.

It's no an enviable situation though.   We have corporatism which has some similarities to an oligarchy but is still distinct.   Just like how people blame capitalism for the perils of corporatism even though true free market capitalism doesn't rely on corporations and they are destructive to it.
      December 13, 2017 3:48 PM MST

I really believe it is an Oligarchy. Jimmy Carter even said it is an Oligarchy on the Oprah Winfrey show a few years back.  The lawmakers bend to the will of the big donors,  the corporations.  
      December 13, 2017 3:52 PM MST

• Well Oprah and Jimmy Carter really have a slanted bias if you ask me.

Oligarchs have much more power and direct connections than what the corporations have here.  Though as I said there are some similarities and some similar outcomes.
      December 13, 2017 3:56 PM MST

They are biased for sure,  I just would not have expected him to say anything derogatory about the Democrats.
      December 13, 2017 3:58 PM MST

• I know this is off topic but speaking of Oprah.   What a shame it is she is now a co-anchor on 60 minutes,   That really lowered a once great show if I were to be asked.   Oprah isn't really anyone deserving of the credit she gets.  She's just a talk show host who panders to illogical emotions of the lowest common denominators.   Why she is so revered is baffling.  Why not Donahue or Montel Williams?  Oh because she had a horrible childhood that's why.
      December 13, 2017 4:02 PM MST

I didn't know she was on there as I rarely watch TV. From what I recall,  she couldn't have done much to hurt the quality of that show.
      December 13, 2017 4:04 PM MST

• 60 minutes used to be a great and solid program.   It's gone down hill but at one time it was top notch.   Might as well have gotten Katie Couric, Diane Sawyer, David Muir, or George Stephenopoulis and rounded out with the rest of the worst " reporters".
      December 13, 2017 4:08 PM MST

• I watched a part of one of her shows, a friend said I'd like her, and it was boring and simple.
      December 13, 2017 4:36 PM MST

• She's kinda dumb to be honest.   She's all emotion and no reason.
      December 13, 2017 4:46 PM MST

• I used to hear so much hoopla about her, but the twenty minutes of her show, that I watched, left me wondering what the big deal was.
      December 13, 2017 5:29 PM MST

• The Hacking of the American Mind by Robert A. Lustig. Corporations, politicians, sugar, and the public's dopamine addiction.
      December 13, 2017 4:34 PM MST