Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Hot diggity dawg! The FCC repeals net neutrality! More deregulation. T-RIFFIC! What regs do you hope go away next? Why?

Hot diggity dawg! The FCC repeals net neutrality! More deregulation. T-RIFFIC! What regs do you hope go away next? Why?

Posted - December 14, 2017

Responses

not sure what you mean
      December 14, 2017 2:50 PM MST

Comcast has been fleecing its customers for years (prices go up while what you get in return goes down – if you want what you had last month the price is doubled).  (*Sigh*).  At least now it’ll be legal (again).

Are we stupid?   We’re told -  

“This tax cut is the biggest ever. Huge.”  Yet our taxes go up.

“If we get rid of net neutrality your internet bill will be less”.  Yet it goes from $200/mo to $300/mo (but if you want the same level you had last month it’ll be an extra $500 ($600 next month)).

Wait... that sounds so familiar.  Now, where have I heard this tune before?  I know, on late night TV - “If you buy these magic beans you’ll grow a full head of hair, lose 100 pounds plus you’ll have better and longer lasting sex – all guaranteed (some restrictions apply)!  And, if you act now, we’ll throw in an extra 4 beans - for free!  That’s right... 4 extra beans FREE! (just pay separate shipping/handling, taxes, docking fees, registration fees, license fees, state fees, local fees, foreign fees, IRS fees, GOP fees, late fees, early fees and any other few we can think of.  (* Limited to stock on hand. Offer void in the continental US, Alaska, Hawaii and anywhere north or south of the equator. *)

Just once I’d like them to be honest.  “We’re jacking up the price just because we want more money”.  Or, “We’re raising your taxes because the corporations want us to (and they’ve promise us big bonuses when we do).”  Of course, if they did that they’d be out of a job.   Or would they?....?  I mean, we’ve bought their crap for over 100 years now and we haven‘t fired ‘em yet.

December 14, 2017 3:16 PM MST

You might want to read about what net neutrality is.  Your answer indicates you don't understand it.  It was a good thing.  The guy who is undoing it is a Verizon man and was on a mission with a mandate.  No telling how much money he got for getting this done.  Consumers are the losers......the ones the FCC is supposed to be protecting.  
      December 14, 2017 4:11 PM MST

My answer was only meant to be humorous.
      December 14, 2017 5:00 PM MST

Ahhh, I see.
      December 14, 2017 8:11 PM MST

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! You are on a roll m'dear! I think you just saved it all up and had to let loose and you honor me by choosing to do it here where observers/onlookers get to join in on the fun! But all that bullsh** crap is sadly believed by many. So many in fact that the crap-slingers get richer and richer and richer so their snake-oil pitches get wackier and wackier and wackier. It's a symbiotic relationship. One cannot exist without the other. The crap-lovers get hooked and buy buy buy. The crapsellers get emboldened and sell sell sell sell sell. What a revoltin' development that is! If you  didn't have buyers the sellers would dry up and blow away to a far-off land never to  be heard from or seen again. IF ONLY! Thank you for your reply Shuhak. SIGH. I wonder if anything exists that doesn't boil down to getting much less and paying much more and truly believing you got a bargain? Folks LOVE being scammed/conned and being made fools of. The success of Donald John Trump depends on it. I rest my case! Oy vey! :(
      December 15, 2017 3:30 AM MST