Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Priorly. Dr. Zhivago and Lara. Currently. Vlad Putin and DonJohn Trump. Isn't the love affair magical?

Priorly. Dr. Zhivago and Lara. Currently. Vlad Putin and DonJohn Trump. Isn't the love affair magical?

Posted - December 15, 2017

Responses

I must confess, I never saw Dr. Zhivago nor even read the book.  Russian-based stories aren’t my cup of vodka (although 'War and Peace' does make a good door-stop).  However, I have heard the theme to the movie, Lara's' Theme, umpteen bazillion times.  You see, my dad had this thing for "elevator music" while I was growing up.  He liked any song, just so long as it didn’t have any words or was set to a soft beat.  Let’s just say that hearing Andy Williams doing covers of top 40 songs just wasn’t right (think 'Stairway to Heaven' sung to the beat of 'The girl from Ipanema').  Even so, I can honestly say that I prefer 'Lara's Theme' to 'Trump's Theme'.  Whereas Lara's Theme was soft and fluttery (Some-where my love….), Trumps Theme ... well... let's just say it's so bad it makes rap look good…

--

A Russia State of Mind (The Election Hip Hop)

By Shuhak-Man (with a little help)

A Rap

Yeah, yeah

Ayo, my people, it's time.
    It's time, my people (aight, my people, begin).
    Straight out the usless dungeons of rap.

The cover drops deep as does the collusion.
    I never exaggerate, 'cause to exaggerate is the son of confusion.
    Beyond the walls of lies, life is defined.
    I think of Putin when I'm in a Russia state of mind.

Hope the intrusion got some confusion.
    My illusion don't like no dirty allusion.
    Run up to the conclusion and get the delusion.

In a Russia state of mind.

What more could you ask for? The tiny scroter?
    You complain about Trump.
    I gotta love it though – they’ve done screwed all the voter.

I'm rappin' to the election,
    And I'm gonna move your direction.

Egotistical, conniving, greedy, like a leak
    Boy, I tell you, I sure don’t want no peak.

I can't take the trump, can't take the hair.
    I woulda tried to influence I guess I got no care.

I'm rappin' to the direction,
    And I'm gonna move your election.

Yea, yaz, in a Russia state of mind.

When I was young my son waas a freek.
    I waz kicked out without no peak.
    I never thought I'd see that sneak.
    Ain't a soul alive that could take my son's tweak.

A stupid fraud is quite the god.

Thinking of Putin. Yaz, thinking of Putin (Putin).

(Mic drop)

This post was edited by Shuhak at December 16, 2017 2:51 AM MST
      December 15, 2017 1:37 PM MST

Whoa! I READ it and I got nothing from it Shuhak. Then I READ THE WORDS OUT LOUD and it came to life!! Rap isn't for readin' it's for speakin! I looked up the word "scroter" and it isn't in my dictionary. Is it related to scrotum perchance or do you make up words too? Once again you outdid yourself. I hear Lara's theme  from a BOOMBOX!  All around the boom-box holding rapper are spinning tops of humanity doing that thing they do when they want to attract attention without having any talent to do so. Quite a sight! Quite a sound. Heaven bound or he**? Well I think that cuty patooty Puty and Doofus Don will happily go off skipping hand-in-hand as the sun sets. To an unknown where? They don't care. As long as they are together life is good! Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :)
      December 16, 2017 3:08 AM MST

If I recall, that first movie didn't have a happy ending.

I expect the second one to end badly as well. 
      December 15, 2017 1:52 PM MST

From your lips to the ears of the universe may it be so. I count the hours and await the day when all will conclude into a rapturous denouement to an enormous crescendo of  background music ! SIGH. Thank you for your reply tom and Happy Saturday! :)
      December 16, 2017 2:57 AM MST

Where are the beautiful days? Where are the sleigh rides 'til dawn?
    Where are the tender moments of splendour?
    Where have they gone? Where have they gone?

I seriously doubt that "there are dreams, more than your heart can hold" in this case. God speed to both of them, and hopefully they'll never be ours again.

(Lyrical reference to Lara's Theme, in case you're confused. Not too many people know the words).
      December 15, 2017 2:46 PM MST

"Somewhere my love...." That's all I know about the lyrics Sbf! And I'm not even CERTAIN about THEM. Of course we don't know what DoofuswDonJohn and the cuty patuty Puty do behind closed doors or out in the woods among the trees when it's just the two of them. One can only imagine! YUCK! I'll pass on that. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday! :)
      December 16, 2017 2:55 AM MST