Discussion » Questions » Holidays » What do you think Donald dreams of when he hears I'm dreaming of a WHITE (as in KKK) Christmas???

What do you think Donald dreams of when he hears I'm dreaming of a WHITE (as in KKK) Christmas???

Posted - December 18, 2017

Responses

More importantly, what do you think black people have been thinking about that song and its sentiments ever since the 1940s when it first gained popularity?

:|
      December 18, 2017 9:50 AM MST

Randy?  I never considered anything but the snow aspect.  Until now. And you are so right.  Never thought of it.  Now it has a hideous and new meaning for both of us.

Brought to you by the folks who dream of a WHITE JESUS with BLONDE HAIR.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 18, 2017 2:08 PM MST
      December 18, 2017 9:56 AM MST

I'm glad that I was able to offer a perspective that may be new to some.  I, however, have lived with it since I first heard the song as a child.
      I couple it with the irony that the United States is a country supposedly founded on the principle of freedom by founding "fathers" who owned slaves and were vehemently opposed to abolition, and who used genocide of the Native American population to expand themselves across the entire continent. 

~
      December 18, 2017 12:02 PM MST

Well, I think the clueless ones who wrote this ditty and made it popular,  were talking about SNOW.

Not about skin. 

The things you bring up were not on their minds when they wrote of the beauty of Christmas.  However, the meaning has changed as the leaders of our GREAT WHITE NATION have taken over the meaning.   I think there were a boatload of black people who had wonderful Christmases and maybe the fact that they were held down and tormented were things that made them STRONGER.  They certainly make what is great about this Country something that I am proud of FOR them. 

I agree with you, but I know that is not what the intention was.   NOW?  THAT IS WHAT THE INTENTION IS. 

This is why I cannot understand how you can be so impartial when people like Trump are torn apart on here.  We are all black in this bus now.  Anyone with a lick of pride or conscience, that is.

NOT PERFECT BUT SO MUCH BETTER.  Has a SOUL he is connected with for starters. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 21, 2017 9:59 AM MST
      December 18, 2017 12:12 PM MST

Jesus IS white. All the pics I've seen depict a white Jesus. 
      December 18, 2017 2:10 PM MST

I'm sure it's something like this:
      December 18, 2017 10:52 AM MST

I'm dreaming of something else white.

December 18, 2017 12:15 PM MST

December 21, 2017 9:51 AM MST

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas (“quick, where’s Bannon, he loves this song”)
    Just like the ones I used to know (“and they were huge.  So huge.  Thee hugest”)
    Where the treetops glisten and children listen (“unlike Don Jr. … he never listens.  Delete your emails, I told him.  Sad.”)
    To hear sleigh bells in the snow (“sleigh bells tell you where your golf ball landed in the snow.  Glad I invented them”)

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas (“that means no Mexicans”)
    With every .. (“executive order I sign. -  (*I am SO great!*”)) 
    May your days be merry and bright (“bright as in how little rocket man’s going to look when we light him up, not bright as in intelligence.  Intelligence is a joke.  They never should have made it the ‘I’ in ‘FBI’.  Lame.”)
    And may all your Christmases be white (“my wall will keep white Christmases here in America where they originated.”)

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas (“how nice, here’s that song again”)
    Just like the ..(“members of my cabinet. - (*they’re the best of the best*”))
    Where the treetops glisten … (“with coal.  Clean coal. Clean, clean coal.”) and children listen
    To hear sleigh bells in the snow (“those bells are going to get a HUGE, huge tax cut.  Huge, I tell you.”)

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas (“you know Muslims hate Christmas.  It’s too cold for them.  That’s why they love deserts.  (hee hee) Eric always loved that joke.”)

With every .. (“travel ban I sign (*and Jina is next*”))

May your days be merry and bright (“days are merry and bright.  See Melania, I did make America great again. And you said I couldn’t do it.”)
    And may all your Christmases be white (“and you’re fired!  )*I just love saying that  - ‘you’re fired’.  Rolls off the tongue.  Fi-red.  You are fired.*”))

December 18, 2017 10:55 AM MST

That's hilarious!
      December 18, 2017 11:02 AM MST

I'm dreaming of a pure white impeachment.   White House and white trash eliminated and that does not always have to do with skin color.  We have a few black turncoat wannabe's in the mix as well. 

December 18, 2017 12:14 PM MST

i have no idea
      December 18, 2017 3:54 PM MST

If such a tasteless song exists, he probably thinks its tacky.
      December 21, 2017 9:56 AM MST

It's an old classic and the "white" refers to snow, not skin color.
      December 21, 2017 10:01 AM MST

I was commenting on the KKK reference to the original White Xmas song. :)
      December 21, 2017 10:03 AM MST

Sorry.
      December 21, 2017 10:06 AM MST

Dont be, please, the comment landed in the bottom of the question, it was an easy mistake to make. 

Image result for gifs of hugs
      December 21, 2017 10:08 AM MST

Thank you, and hugs bac. 
      December 21, 2017 12:05 PM MST

;D
      December 21, 2017 1:18 PM MST