Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Finance » The value of the mutual fund in which my IRA is invested has grown more than 25% since 1/20/17, the day of President Trump's inauguration.

The value of the mutual fund in which my IRA is invested has grown more than 25% since 1/20/17, the day of President Trump's inauguration.

Coincidence? Am I a smart investor or just lucky? The fund includes outstanding large-cap growth stocks such as Amazon, Apple, Facebook, Google, and Microsoft.

Posted - December 19, 2017

Responses

I credit Trump.
      December 19, 2017 10:23 AM MST

LOL.  You have some great stocks in that fund Stu.  You've done well in your fund choice.  Take a look at the rest of the world.  We actually aren't doing as well financially as the other markets.  Not that we're doing terrible.  We're doing well.  But, the other markets have exploded.  It's just a cyclical thing.  I wouldn't credit (or blame) any one person for this.   Right now, we are entering the Santa Claus rally.  Look at the market remaining at least stable, if not surging, over the next two weeks.

December 19, 2017 11:08 AM MST

Yours isn’t the only one Stu, and its the investors and buying public who make the markets move. The President has very little direct power over the direction of the markets, and since Trump has passed no economic legislation, we would be amiss to give him any credit for the current boom. 
      December 19, 2017 12:45 PM MST

not sure
      December 19, 2017 3:34 PM MST

I've done better this year than I have in the last 8 as well. I think he's doing what he promised, Making America Great Again. 
      December 19, 2017 6:36 PM MST