Discussion » Questions » answerMug » How do you get your own corner on answermug? I didn’t even know it had corners. I thought the mug was round

How do you get your own corner on answermug? I didn’t even know it had corners. I thought the mug was round

Posted - December 19, 2017

Responses

• AnswerMug has ...

An Elite Breakroom for the Staff and Moderators.
    A breakroom for the members w/ free coffee & donuts.
    A dungeon for members that .............
    A Decontamination Chamber for members who are returning from other social sites. (optional)  :)
       ... and much more!
      December 19, 2017 1:47 PM MST

• Lol. I need decontamination 
      December 20, 2017 12:50 AM MST

Eh, I guess that's the beauty of being on a homegrown site versus a corporate one. We have a number of things that honor specific Muggers- from gifts, to chat rooms, to groups. We actually used to change the design of the site for birthdays and rename it after specific Muggers. lol Not really feasible with the size of the site anymore. 

As far as the recent change goes, I will say it addressed a number of issues we were having in a positive outside-the-box way. And, anyone who wants to start trouble over it is getting a one-way ticket to the dungeon!
      December 19, 2017 1:58 PM MST

What's the difference between Rosie's Corner https://answermug.com/forums/87
    a
    nd 
    Her regular page: https://answermug.com/profile/RosieG
      December 19, 2017 2:56 PM MST

It's easier to search through them and requires fewer steps to find them. 
      December 19, 2017 5:35 PM MST

The mug has everything.

But frankly I think JA made a bad call here. Her first response was right: "Use the ignore function on people you dont want to see". Putting Rosie in her own ghetto is nasty and wrong. This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at December 20, 2017 12:53 AM MST
      December 19, 2017 3:04 PM MST

Rosie isn't  hidden. She's still on the home page, same as always. We were having a hard time categorizing her questions, so we gave her a unique space that no longer required categorization. In making the shift, I wanted to celebrate her, not send her to her own "ghetto." Beyond the category issue, it does streamline the question list for people who use that page, but it does not change her home page visibility at all, and I included a link in the main menu so it would be easier for people to find her stuff during the times she doesn't appear on the home page.

I talked with her about it ahead of time and discussed with her how it would work, and I also told her I wouldn't do it if it was something she didn't feel good about. I didn't move forward with it at all beyond talking to the mods before Rosie gave her blessing on it. I'd rather not put words in her mouth or speak on her behalf beyond that, but this was not something that was "done" to her. She was on board with it. If I had sensed even an ounce of hesitation on her part, I wouldn't have done it. 
      December 19, 2017 5:53 PM MST

Not punished or banished. She shows up everywhere she did before +1. This morning she was on the trending 10 as usual. 
      December 20, 2017 10:19 AM MST

not sure, this is the first ive heard of it
      December 19, 2017 3:27 PM MST

I'm not sure how to answer your question other than to look around, read and take in what you have observed.  Then, you may find your own answer.  
    Following my own advice, I can see there was a friendship, compromise, and respect to everyone involved.  Creating a space for her did not give her righteousness nor put her in jail.  It rather cleaned up some frustration.  I think it was a great step that will help appease most of us.  
    I, for one, will say that Rosie has become a friend of mine.  When I first came here, she frightened me! I don't miss all the Trump questions.  Luckily now,  I know where to find her and that is good.
    I also have noticed there is much more variety in the AM.  It is not so overbearing.
    Let me think again.  How do you get your own corner?
    I know I would not like to be in a corner; however, if I were put into one, I would hope it was like Rosie.  Someone who cared enough to stick it through, even after all the contradictions she ran into.  I think you have to be diligent, worthy, and a whole lot of caring about AnswerMug. This post was edited by Merlin at December 22, 2017 4:47 AM MST
      December 20, 2017 7:03 PM MST