Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » What’s the worst date you’ve been on?

What’s the worst date you’ve been on?

I had a date on Valentine’s Day when I was about 20. I bought her chocolates and took her for a meal. She didn’t eat her food and didn’t talk much. It was a waste of time. I didn’t see her again.

Posted - December 21, 2017

Responses

never being asked out on a date in the first place
      December 21, 2017 2:52 PM MST

• Will you come on a date with me pearl? This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 21, 2017 4:12 PM MST
      December 21, 2017 2:54 PM MST

• Umm.......I was on a date with a woman and we were going out for drinks and to see stand up.
    The whole time we were having a drink she kept talking about trying to pick up the waitress so we could take her home with us.
    It sounds like every guys dream, but it's not what I had in mind at that time I guess?
    I wanted a relationship and it just seemed like she just wanted a 3 way with the waitress.
    We didn't hit on the waitress, but it let me know that she wasn't serious about me and dating her is just a waste of time.
      December 21, 2017 4:25 PM MST

• There've been a few, way back forty years ago. Generally the worst thing was the guy being hopelessly boring in conversation - just not intelligent.

But the worst was a two day hike on Mount Buffalo. He was 6'1''; I, 5'6". I could not keep up with his long legs. Soon he disappeared over the horizon. I trudged alone along the path for 20 kilometres, getting hotter and hotter as the sun went down and the cool mountain dew fell. I took off all but my singlet. By the time I stumbled into his camp, the quarter moon was half-way to zenith. I was out of my mind with hypothermia. He pulled me into the sleeping bag with him and within a moment I was unconscious. I dare say that probably saved me. I woke the next day sore all over and dehydrated. I felt furious with him for his abominable breach of the bushwalker's safety code and stayed silent till we got back to civilisation. I had no interest in seeing him again after that.
      December 21, 2017 5:42 PM MST

• He shouldn’t of walked off without you. Not very romantic
      December 21, 2017 6:28 PM MST

• In the morning he told me he felt he needed to get to the campsite well before sundown so he could pitch the tent and make a fire. It's easy to see that he had being practical foremost in his mind. But actually he knew almost nothing about safety in the Australian bush. The cardinal rule is to never leave your companion or your team. I could have fallen off a cliff or been bitten by a brown snake - injured or dead - and he would have known nothing about it.

I agree there was nothing romantic about any of it - but I think some guys just don't understand that romance is about emotional connection, not possible without time together and good communication.
      December 21, 2017 8:29 PM MST

Imagine getting in the car with a date and before he even starts the car, he whips out a mirror and some cocaine!  He asked me if I wanted any.  Of course I didn't.  Never did the stuff in my life.  He proceeds to snort it like it was nothing.  I was stunned.  Luckily he was not a complete stranger since a few of my friends at the time knew him and thought I would "get along with him".  Needless to say, I was not too happy with my friends for that one and I sure couldn't get away from that guy fast enough.
      December 21, 2017 5:51 PM MST

• I've rarely encountered people under the influence of cocaine.
    One was an old school friend who took it at a party. It changed her personality. From being a relaxed, friendly, chatty person she became incapable of conversation, could not keep still or make eye contact, and spent her time dancing in frenetic circles. It seemed to cause her no harm because it was over after a few hours, but I could not understand what attracted her to it.
    On another occasion it was a pair of landlords who took cocaine to work on subdividing a warehouse into artists' studios. They worked with incredible speed, precision and endurance, creating six studios on one floor in only a day. That made me see why some people could be tempted. But I would not like to have seen the exhaustion they must have felt once it was over. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 21, 2017 11:31 PM MST
      December 21, 2017 6:07 PM MST

It's one of the few drugs I have little experience being around.  I guess I always had a healthy fear.  My friends knew that about me, hence why I was shocked they thought I would like this guy.  They had to have known something about him.  He had to be pretty bad if he needed it to start the "date" with it, knowing nothing about me.  

I do have a friend that used to do it and she said she could get so much done in a day.  But like any drug, she wanted more and more and had to get help to get clean from it.  She is a very motivated type person without it, so I am glad she didn't seem to have any lasting problems.  
      December 21, 2017 6:23 PM MST

• Yeah drugs are bad
      December 21, 2017 6:29 PM MST

I was married to an alcoholic many years ago.  I left him when my daughter was only 3.  He died at age 49.  I knew I made the right decision.  I have seen what addiction does to people.  Not nice at all.  
      December 21, 2017 6:33 PM MST

The night my date got drunk and I had to drive him home and I didn't know where he lived.
    I had to keep waking him up to ask which way to go.
      December 21, 2017 5:58 PM MST

Your date and mine would have gotten along great.  Ha!
      December 21, 2017 6:00 PM MST

LOL, I bet they would have.
      December 21, 2017 6:06 PM MST