Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Do you have days where you experience heightened senses?

Do you have days where you experience heightened senses?

What causes it?

Posted - December 22, 2017

Responses

Yep.  A lot of the time it is simply a matter of being present in the moment, without outside distractions.  Other times, it just is,  and I cannot identify the why.  
      December 22, 2017 4:00 AM MST

Yes, being in the now does seem to concentrate the senses. :)
      December 22, 2017 4:17 AM MST

Yes, but I dont know why. Some days its the opposite. It might be bio rhythms or something. 
      December 22, 2017 4:18 AM MST

•    "Yes" I used to compete in a couple of different sports.  During that time, I came across a book titled "Sports Psyching" - Playing Your Best Game All the Time.  According to the book, a person can recreate their best day, at will, anytime it's needed. Of course, the book was written with athletes in mind, but this works for other things as well ... and it does work.

The first chapter, of the book teaches you how to relax, because you can't concentrate completely unless you're relaxed.  The second chapter is about concentration and so on.

December 22, 2017 6:38 AM MST

• Thanks Alf. What sports did you compete in? My Dad used to be a boxer years ago
      December 22, 2017 6:51 AM MST

• Bowling (Regional Pro) and Drag Racing (Street & Modified Street - NHRA Motorcycles) This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 22, 2017 2:58 PM MST
      December 22, 2017 6:58 AM MST

• I’ve never been much of a sportsman, more of a spectator. Must have taken a lot of dedication to make it as a regional pro.
      December 22, 2017 7:14 AM MST

• I guess. A bowler only has to book a 195 average to become a Regional Pro, but I guess you don't realize all it takes when you're having fun.  I bowled about seventy lines a week for practice + a couple of leagues.  Had five different coaches and later became a coach, all over a period of about fifteen years.  It was a good time and I enjoyed it a lot.
      December 22, 2017 7:26 AM MST

Not entire days, But I have had such experiences where everything looked better, brighter, happier. I think caused by being happy myself
      December 22, 2017 8:25 AM MST

My heightened sense of smell seems to only go off the charts everytime someone farts.

This post was edited by Zack at December 22, 2017 9:11 AM MST
      December 22, 2017 8:32 AM MST

• Lol. It wasn’t me 
      December 22, 2017 8:47 AM MST

yes when Meditating
    on the light within...
    yes when there are no thoughts
    running through my mind...
    and yes when my Ego has dissolved
    and I am totally in the presence.
      December 22, 2017 9:09 AM MST

no, not sure what causes it
      December 22, 2017 3:46 PM MST

• Greater awareness causes it.
    It can arise through several days continuous meditation,
    or coming out the other side of ceasing an addictive drug,
    or getting a good night's sleep,
    or just letting go of worries, thoughts, plans and memories, and tuning in to the environment.
    The more we pay attention to the raw data from our senses, the more aware and tuned in we become.
      December 22, 2017 11:14 PM MST