Active Now

Flint Ironstag
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » What do you do with your Pringles potato crisps/chips besides eating them ? We use them as fire lighters ....

What do you do with your Pringles potato crisps/chips besides eating them ? We use them as fire lighters ....

They are 30% oil and fat and catch alight and burn instantly.......I can't see how they are fit for human consumption....
Do you know of any other food products that can be used other then for eating..... . . . ? 

Posted - December 23, 2017

Responses

I know dogs will not eat margarine. They do not identify it as a Food. Ew
      December 23, 2017 5:23 AM MST

It's not.....most are made from derivatives of crude oil and hydronated trans fatty acids ....We only eat butter ...nothing else...ll
      December 23, 2017 5:40 AM MST

It is not made from crude oil derivatives. It is made from vegetable oils

Basics
    In-Depth
    Expert Answers
    Expert Blog
    Multimedia
    Resources
    News From Mayo Clinic
    What's New

Free E-newsletter

Subscribe to Housecall

Our general interest e-newsletter keeps you up to date on a wide variety of health topics.
    Which spread is better for my heart — butter or margarine?
    Answers from Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D.

Margarine usually tops butter when it comes to heart health.

Margarine is made from vegetable oils, so it contains unsaturated "good" fats — polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats. These types of fats help reduce low-density lipoprotein (LDL), or "bad," cholesterol when substituted for saturated fat.

Butter, on the other hand, is made from animal fat, so it contains more saturated fat.

But not all margarines are created equal — some margarines contain trans fat. In general, the more solid the margarine, the more trans fat it contains. So stick margarines usually have more trans fat than tub margarines do.

Trans fat, like saturated fat, increases blood cholesterol levels and the risk of heart disease. In addition, trans fat lowers high-density lipoprotein (HDL), or "good," cholesterol levels. So skip the stick and opt for soft or liquid margarine instead.

Look for a spread that doesn't have trans fats and has the least amount of saturated fat. When comparing spreads, be sure to read the Nutrition Facts panel and check the grams of saturated fat and trans fat. Limit the amount you use to limit the calories.

If you have high cholesterol, check with your doctor about using spreads that are fortified with plant stanols and sterols, such as Benecol and Promise Activ, which may help reduce cholesterol levels.

With

Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D.

Yerba mate
    Canola oil

Tweet

May 14, 2015
    References
      December 23, 2017 8:04 AM MST

It has zero nutrients that can be digested and give any positive feed for the body.

I don't care what Mayo Clinic says.  All Mayo Clinic knows is how to repair a disease after the fact, not how to prevent any disease ever.

Doctors have no clue what is healthy. 

My dad went to Mayo Clinic after he contracted pancreatic cancer.  All they could do was tell him he was going to die.  Thanks.  Mayo.  I know that.
      December 23, 2017 8:07 AM MST

She is not a doctor. She is a registered and licensed dietician. But...I shall do more research.
      December 23, 2017 9:49 AM MST

Just so you know......I don't put butter on either hand.....it makes getting to grips with things so much harder....  Hehe 
      December 23, 2017 8:11 AM MST

Your answer reminds me of oneof ABBA's great recordings......which one you'll have to guess.....hehe 
      December 23, 2017 8:15 AM MST

Can dogs get into your fridge and manage to get into  Marges packet ? I bet Homer wouldn't be to pleased if that happened !!!!   Hehe 
      December 23, 2017 5:42 AM MST

A piece of dried spagetti can be lit and used to reach a pilot that you need to light but cannot otherwise reach. 
      December 23, 2017 5:59 AM MST

Not on our boiler.....it's condensing and everything is electronic ......any electrical fault and no gas gets through to light it....plus with out stripping out the burner unit it's impossible to get near to the pilot igniters....

I never knew pasta would ignight  so easilly .....
      December 23, 2017 6:05 AM MST

Obviously, I was referring to pilots that require manual lighting/relighting.  My oven has an electronic igniter, but my furnace and hot water heater need to be lit manually and can be difficult to reach, so the pasta works well. 
      December 23, 2017 6:16 AM MST

Sorry ...I was just honing my skills in being pedantic .......and now I'm pasta caring as our boilers gone out for the evening...l:(    Hehe This post was edited by Nice Jugs at December 23, 2017 8:05 AM MST
      December 23, 2017 7:46 AM MST

Ha ha...enjoy! 
      December 23, 2017 7:50 AM MST

I eat them. They are simply potato chips made from potato flakes.
      December 23, 2017 6:01 AM MST

Read the label.......they are thirty percent pure fat....:( 
      December 23, 2017 6:07 AM MST

That is because they are deep fried. If they are only 30% that is better than most chips which have over half of their calories are fat at 150 cal/serving and 90 being fat.
      December 23, 2017 6:15 AM MST

Most all chrisps/chips in England have far less fat than 30%. ....you can watch the fat run out of Pringles as they burn..... We refuse to eat then ever since we relalised just how bad they really are.....

Realy..they should never be allowed to be sold.....

No government bans such foods as they rake in to much profit from the manufactures  of them......

Same as with smoking.....revenue from them  are billions pounds.....and the English government will never ever ban them ...

December 23, 2017 7:30 AM MST

Really?? What brands do y'all have that are not in the US?
      December 23, 2017 7:39 AM MST

Goodness are those still around?   Those were no good even back in 1974 when I was high on some drug or other half the time. 
      December 23, 2017 6:08 AM MST

Yes they are Anne any very popular still I think....I didn't know they were that old.....I just checked and they were first made in America in 1968.... It was 1991 in England when they were first sold though....:(
      December 23, 2017 7:36 AM MST

Seriously?  You can watch a delicious chip burn up? I love eating 30% fat. 
      December 23, 2017 7:35 AM MST

The ignite instantly and really flare up quickly......the fat drips from them as they burn....

Why not buy slabs of pure lard to lessen the risk of spontaneous combustion :( 
      December 23, 2017 7:41 AM MST

Because I can't find Kosher Certified lard around these parts. 
      December 23, 2017 7:46 AM MST

In not sure about the parts your thinking about using the lard on.....May be rubbing butter might be better ,If you have any close hand...  ;)D
      December 23, 2017 7:56 AM MST