Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Does fear cause cancer? Is fearlessness the cure for cancer?

Does fear cause cancer? Is fearlessness the cure for cancer?

Posted - December 29, 2017

Responses

• The placebo effect has been shown to work effectively 30% of the time across psychological therapies irrespective of the method and the therapist.
    Similarly, it is also 30% effective across physical therapies, but when analysed for specific conditions, some are more affected by mental state, while others are minimally affected. For instance, the correct and timely setting of a broken leg will result in good healing irrespective of the patient's beliefs - the placebo effect is virtually irrelevant in this case.
    In medical sciences, a 10% positive result is usually considered as significant.
    So the placebo effect has a major effect in most forms of healing.
    What someone believes about their personal health conditions, their health practitioner and the therapies prescribed can strongly affect the effectiveness of the treatment.

Fear has several effects.
    First, it releases adrenaline into the bloodstream to facilitate the flight or fight response.
    Hard muscular activity burns up the adrenaline.
    If the hormone is not burned up with strenuous effort, at about twenty minutes the adrenaline begins breaks down into simpler metabolites, including cortizone. Cortizone has a destructive effect on the immune system.
    So a person who is frequently experiencing a lot of stress in the forms of fear or anger is inadvertently seriously compromising his or her own immune system.
    This makes the person more prone to many forms of physical illness, including cancer.
    So yes, long term chronic fear could be a catalyst to other causes of cancer stemming from environmental &/or genetic causes.
    Fear could also reduce the effectiveness of radio &/or chemical therapies.
    Doubt, worry and anxiety count as forms of fear.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 29, 2017 11:48 PM MST
      December 29, 2017 4:31 PM MST

• Thanks for explaining. The placebo effect is really interesting. I think a lot of the time we don’t realise how much fear and anxiety polutes our bodies and minds.They won’t tell you that on the news. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 29, 2017 11:42 PM MST
      December 29, 2017 5:06 PM MST

not that i know of
      December 29, 2017 4:42 PM MST

Absolutely fear causes disease.  On the most invisible, unseen level of physics and chemistry, there lies the vibratory frequencies of thought felt through the nervous system. 
    When we fear, we cause an energetic blockage of sorts.

When we block, we hold toxins in one spot for sometimes years.  That causes decay.  It can cause cancer cells to metastasize, I believe, and it can cause congestion in the body, because the body is mostly fluids passing through veils of tissue. We don't want any of it to get clogged on any level.

December 29, 2017 7:23 PM MST

• Why do people even watch the news if fear is so unhealthy? It makes no sense to me
      December 30, 2017 4:54 AM MST

Fear is stress. Continuous or extreme stress has been shown as a cause or accessory of innumerable physical and psychological ailments. 

As Hartfire mentions, stress is taxing the immune system, it then weakens our body’s response to what ails us. This can be cumulative over time

The value of pursuing a happy, contented life cannot be overstated. 
      December 29, 2017 7:31 PM MST

Fear is a type of major stress and stress has been linked to all sorts of disease. I think fearlessness could cause a person to do a lot of stupid things that could probably lead to disease. I guess fearing some things, to a reasonable level, is probably healthy. I have studied a lot about such matters, but still do not know much at all.
      December 30, 2017 5:00 AM MST