Discussion » Questions » Relationships » How do you stop thinking and caring about someone that doesn’t think or care about you?

How do you stop thinking and caring about someone that doesn’t think or care about you?

Posted - December 31, 2017

Responses

You cant. But you can try living in the moment, and try to make those moments not to include the one you care about tha doesnt care about you.
      December 31, 2017 4:32 AM MST

• You probably can't, so NEXT TIME consider this ....

December 31, 2017 6:03 AM MST

• Doesn’t play in my country that one unfortunately Alf
      December 31, 2017 6:05 AM MST

• Aw shucks!
      December 31, 2017 6:17 AM MST

therapy
      December 31, 2017 10:54 AM MST

• Your question leaves out your personal situation, so I have to do some guessing.

Are you talking about an unrequited love interest?

In that case, my grandmother's words come to mind; "Never run after a man or a bus. There'll be another along in a minute."
    My father taught me never to initiate; that if someone approaches me their interest is likely to be genuine.
    That principle turned out to have several serious flaws in it, but still I never learned how to initiate.
    Somehow I find I have zero interest in any relationship that isn't mutual, no matter how desirable the other may seem.

Or, are you in a relationship with someone who has switched off and become distant?

In a long term relationship, I accept that it goes through phases and good communication and listening is essential to success.
    If my husband has put up a wall, it means he's angry about something and I need to find an appropriate moment to get him to talk about it.
    No matter what it is, my job is to listen carefully to his feelings and needs before we can begin to work it out.

Or, are you feeling rejected after someone has ended the relationship?

If a friendship ends badly, I'm likely to feel upset about it for while, and I will churn over what happened in my mind from every angle.
    Was there any clue in the beginning that made what happened inevitable?
    What were the signs that something might be wrong?
    What did I do wrong?
    How can I learn from it? 
    Once I've learned, the letting go becomes easy.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 31, 2017 4:21 PM MST
      December 31, 2017 12:58 PM MST

• Thanks for your answers. :)
      December 31, 2017 4:26 PM MST

• I'd be happy to chat with you about whatever's going on if you feel the need.
      December 31, 2017 4:51 PM MST

• That’s kind. Thanks for the offer, but I’m good. Happy New Year!
      December 31, 2017 4:58 PM MST

• Happy New Year to you too! :)
      December 31, 2017 5:13 PM MST

Be busy with things that take concentration and attention.  There is no way not to let the thoughts creep in but you have to figure out how to move forward.
      December 31, 2017 3:18 PM MST

by realizing theyre not thinking about you so you shouldnt waste your time thinking about them
      January 1, 2018 3:39 PM MST