Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Do some religions that profess belief in the Bible teach that there are going to be animals in heaven?

Do some religions that profess belief in the Bible teach that there are going to be animals in heaven?

Posted - January 4, 2018

Responses

You like to study things.  Try studying the man behind the Church of Scientology and you will embrace your faith like you never have before. 

Or, you will realize that your church is founded on lies told by a sociopathic paranoid schizoid man.  Oh brother.  Meaning, L. Ron Hubbard seems to be the reincarnation of Adolph Hitler. Totally paranoid and his followers are even more zealous than the last lifetime.  Scary.

If the Bible was written by people like this?  We need to re-think what we believe.  But the Bible, no matter how hard it is to decipher, in no way comes near to the jibberish espoused in Dianetics.  And it sold MILLIONS.  The first real money-making cult/religion in existence. 

BAM. The public was ready to believe lies. And along comes this nutter who cannot put two thoughts together that contain any factual information he did not steal from other religions and other philosophies.

JUST LIKE TRUMP.

But I digress.  A little.  It is all the same.  We as a populous cannot discern truth from lies, we don't think and we don't want to think.  So this kind of thing happens to us over and over again.

Trump reigns supreme?  Same kind of mental illness as L Ron Hubbard.  Psycho.

We cannot tell the difference.

The whole world is watching itself implode. 

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 4, 2018 12:06 PM MST
      January 4, 2018 9:59 AM MST

Thank you for your answer Sharonna. I've never ran into a scientologist in person or on the internet so don't know much about them other than what I saw on an episode or 2 of a documentary about them from an actress that says she used to be one.

Your comment: "The whole world is watching itself implode" reminded me of this article:
    https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/awake-no6-2017-december/the-world-out-of-control/
      January 4, 2018 12:09 PM MST

If there are no animals, it's definitely not heaven. This post was edited by SavvyAnsley at January 4, 2018 1:56 PM MST
      January 4, 2018 10:41 AM MST

There will always be animals, just not in heaven, according to the Bible anyway. I love to be around animals myself. Spirits like angels and those resurrected to spirit life don't have the physical needs of touch and such like us. 
      January 4, 2018 12:16 PM MST

• I don't know any Bible-based religions that actually teach that; that seems to be more something that parents tell their children to make them feel better about dead pets. 
      January 4, 2018 10:49 AM MST

That's kinda what I thought, but perhaps not anymore after a few conversations and websites that I perused today. 
    When I had to put our cat to sleep a few years ago, these young girls working at the vet were trying to comfort me by telling me that she was in cat heaven now. I guess they really believed that?
      January 4, 2018 12:18 PM MST

https://www.pet-loss.net/heaven.shtml    of course there is.

How else could there be pork roasts and steak dinners every night
      January 4, 2018 11:47 AM MST

Thank you for the link Jakoba. Didn't read it all but skimmed through to where he posted verses and read his comments around those and a few other places. I'm guessing that he thinks that the Bible says that all the good go to heaven while all the bad burn in hell? I wish that man was on AM so I could pick his brain. The reason I asked the question was because this morning Is 11:6-8 was read and the man, (Catholic from Nigeria) said that referred to when we get to heaven. I didn't realize that some really believed that animals go to heaven. 

I just googled and found this:
    https://www.uscatholic.org/blog/201602/heaven-all-30553

In the nineteenth century, Pope Pius IX was the first pope to officially declare animals soulless and thus unable to enter heaven. In the decades since Pius’ proclamation, popes have continued to waffle over the issue of animals.

Pope John Paul II went the opposite direction. In 1990 he is reported to have said animals must have souls, as they were “created by God’s breath.” But almost 20 years later Pope Benedict XVI said God only gives access to heaven to humans.

Benedict’s words can be hard for pet lovers to reconcile. Many of us can say we have been comforted by our pets during unimaginably hard times. Somehow, they always seem to know when something is wrong and do everything in their power to help the situation without the use of words.

However, Pope Francis’ statement in Laudato Si’ helps to finally lay the age-old question to rest. By immortalizing his words in writing, the pope leaves no room for misunderstanding or hearsay: dogs and our other animal companions will join us in the Kingdom of Heaven.

This is a hugely important step for Fido and for those who love him. Thanks for Pope Francis and his love for animals (which is reflected in the name he chose to bear as pope) I can finally confidently say, with a comforted smile one my face,  “all dogs go to heaven.”  

January 4, 2018 12:05 PM MST

I think you are right (this once;), but sadly convincing someone that his beloved pet has no soul is just as hopeless as convincing him that there is no heaven for animals.
      February 6, 2018 6:59 AM MST

Right (this once) means a lot coming from you. lol
      February 6, 2018 7:57 AM MST

Billy Graham said there would be animals in heaven---(not that I put that much stock in what he says, I just think he's right about that).

But I do agree, primarily because I think that everything that is "good" will somehow survive death.

And personally, I think (I am a dog lover, but I think what I am about to say applies to creatures below us on the  phylogenetic scale as well) that every dog is created in the care of an angel and that they are loaned to us while they live on earth.  When they die, they return to and are reunited with their first owners (that angel).

In the Bible?---I never looked, but after one comes to have a relationship with God, you realize that the bible is just a starting place to learn about Him and it turns out that He is a much "better" God than any of us could have imagined if we restricted our knowledge of Him to what He revealed about Himself in the bible so many years ago.

And if you haven't ever read this, do so:   https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

This post was edited by tom jackson at January 4, 2018 3:05 PM MST
      January 4, 2018 3:00 PM MST

Thank you for your answer Tom. I was actually hoping that you would answer. A person that I have been speaking a little with says that he reads Bible stories to his children every night and seems to think that what he believes comes from the Bible. I like to stick to the Bible when discussing Bible based beliefs. 
     This morning a nice Catholic gentleman from Nigeria read Is 11:6-8. He said that referred to when we get to heaven. (He is afraid of dogs and we discussed lions in Nigeria and then had him read Isaiah as I thought that might interest him as he seems to have some interest in the Bible.)

Tom, what do you think those that go to heaven are going to do there and is that based on the Bible or post biblical doctrine? (1 Timothy 4:1; 2 Thessalonians 2:3; Acts 20:30; 2 Peter 2:1; 2 Peter 2:1)

A few verses that show that faith in God and Jesus as well as trying to live by their righteous standards are required to have everlasting life. I don't see how animals can do that?
    (Psalm 37:29) The righteous will possess the earth, And they will live forever on it.
    (John 3:36) The one who exercises faith in the Son has everlasting life; the one who disobeys the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains upon him.
    (John 17:3) This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
    (2 Peter 2:9-12)

January 4, 2018 3:26 PM MST

My Catholic faith is well informed by logic and reason and by continually remaining open to what God allows me to understand based on that  personal relationship I have with Him thanks to the Resurrection.  (Oh Happy Fault of original sin)

Truth exists and is the proper object of study.  As I came to understand more and more of the truth that involves God specifically (the obvious truths talked about in the bible and the logical conclusions that follow from those those truths) along with the understandings that come from seeking the relationship with God as Jesus instructed us to do, I came to both think and believe (the gift of faith is from God, of course) what I do.

I am a Catholic by "cradle" and by choice----unshakably so since I tried my best to disprove much of Catholic doctrine to myself in my late 20's and early 30's since that doctrine was, to say the least, flying directly and intensely into my face of my preferred lifestyle during those years---and I came grudgingly to the realization and conviction that Catholicism was indeed the rock upon which Christ built His Church and to which he sent the Holy Spirit to watch over it.

Doctrine---a belief or set of beliefs held and taught by a church, political party, or other group.  It turned out that Catholic doctrine and my understanding of reality turned out with pretty much the same.  So in my case, my personal "doctrine"---formulated by study, philosophy and theology---turned out to be very similar to what the Catholic Church had come to understand.

So all of that just proved the following maxim:  The human intellect cannot be put in possession of its object by some exterior agent that takes it there. There is for us no knowledge except our own knowledge, no truth except self-acquired truth.  

We have a cognitive sense and free will.  Other animals have an estimative sense and instincts. All other creation also has a connection to God.  The bible only gives instructions for mankind for entering into everlasting life.  For men it is optional and he needs instructions; for the rest of creation---well, apparently we don't need to know the details of how that works.

Glad you were dealing with a "nice Catholic gentleman"---we are not always nice, which I think comes from being human.

As to what we are going to do in heaven, God said we should avoid speculation---but I do think that we are going to grow in knowledge and truth and the capacity to love.

And in addition,  I think personally that I am also going to be petting one cat and playing with a number of dogs.

January 5, 2018 2:19 PM MST

I was hoping to find something of substance in regards to the Bible (perhaps out of context) and the belief that animals are going to heaven in your post.

I've spoken to a number of Mormons in person and on Answerbag. They believe something like they get a warm fuzzy feeling and then they can ascertain special knowledge that others cannot. 18 year old elders. Pretty much an appeal to ego if you ask me. 
    In relation to "I tried my best to disprove much of Catholic doctrine", what did you use for your litmus test, a funny feeling? I would think the Bible would have some authority. (2 Tim 3:16; 1 Cor 4:6) 
      January 5, 2018 2:39 PM MST

What I have hoped for since I first came across you is some hint that being a JW rather than a Catholic is more rewarding for you than being a Catholic is for me.

I have yet to see that.

God is willing to sit next to you (figuratively at least) and you could be talking to Him about what you should be doing in this life.

Instead, you prefer to try to understand what He said 2000 or so years ago, rather than what it should mean to you now after the men He also inspired to interpret what it meant for the succeeding generations of men did their job.

I guess I'll leave you in the care of the "Hound of Heaven."

Edit:

Your comment that my faith journey is no more than an "appeal to ego" is a telling comment on your part.   Not only is it judgmental---which you know the bible warns about---it an example of incredible arrogance.

And no one on here would think that as an example of arrogance based on excellence.

Apparently, you have no knowledge of a god beyond his being the primary subject of a book called the bible.

You talk about him rather than to him---pitiful..

This post was edited by tom jackson at January 5, 2018 3:03 PM MST
      January 5, 2018 2:53 PM MST

I am not that active as I waste a lot of time like here talking on answermug but I know what I am supposed to be doing:

(Matthew 24:3) While he was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”
    (Matthew 24:14) And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.
    (Acts 1:8) But you will receive power when the holy spirit comes upon you, and you will be witnesses of me in Jerusalem, in all Ju·deʹa and Sa·marʹi·a, and to the most distant part of the earth.”
      January 5, 2018 2:59 PM MST

Well, better wasting time on here rather than actually spreading your misinformation door to door.

It seems obvious that the JW's are referred to in Matthew 24:5  For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many.

I pray that God will forgive you, "For you know not what you do." 

January 5, 2018 3:11 PM MST

Not hardly. No JW has ever professed to be the Messiah. Sorry you believe that the Bibles message is deceptive.

It seems that most people are born with their beliefs, born a Catholic, a Catholic, born a Muslim, a Muslim. I wasn't raised in a religious home so I had to rely on the Bible for my doctrines when I made a search later in life.
      January 5, 2018 3:21 PM MST

Well, yes do actually profess to be the Messiah.

You are the Messiah who is reinterpreting what the original Messiah said in the bible---and thus, "You deceive many."

Satan also takes reality and gives it his personal spin for his own purposes.

Sort of like the JW's do.  
      January 5, 2018 3:29 PM MST

[You are the Messiah who is reinterpreting what the original Messiah said in the bible---and thus, "You deceive many."]

I quote the scriptures, you are the one that reinterprets them saying things like I "try to understand what He said 2000 or so years ago" while you totally ignore what he said. For instance when the context of religion and religious titles like 'Father' and such, you reinterpret that, yes?

You reinterpret what Jesus said about the Father being greater than him and the Father being the only true God and him being separate from God.
    (John 14:28) You heard that I said to you, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I am.
    (John 17:3) This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.
    (John 14:1) “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Exercise faith in God; exercise faith also in me.

Forbidding Priest to marry. Even Peter was married: (1 Timothy 4:1-3) However, the inspired word clearly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired statements and teachings of demons, 2 by means of the hypocrisy of men who speak lies, whose conscience is seared as with a branding iron. 3 They forbid marriage and command people to abstain from foods that God created to be partaken of with thanksgiving by those who have faith and accurately know the truth.
    (Matthew 8:14, 15) And Jesus, on coming into Peter’s house, saw his mother-in-law lying down and sick with fever. 15 So he touched her hand, and the fever left her, and she got up and began ministering to him.
    (1 Corinthians 9:5) We have the right to be accompanied by a believing wife, as the rest of the apostles and the Lord’s brothers and Ceʹphas, do we not?

Taking tradition over scripture: (Mark 7:8, 9) You let go of the commandment of God and cling to the tradition of men.” 9 Further, he said to them: “You skillfully disregard the commandment of God in order to keep your tradition.

EDIT: 
    Really sad that the average Catholic has no clue as what the Bible says. How on earth is 'the Hail Mary' scriptural? Where can I read that, Mt 6:7? They don't know the difference between the Bible and a worship aid. Why not look up the scriptures as to rather or not it really says that?
    Acts 17:2) So according to Paul’s custom he went inside to them, and for three sabbaths he reasoned with them from the Scriptures,
    (Acts 17:11) Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thes·sa·lo·niʹca, for they accepted the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.

https://www.usccb.org/bible/understanding-the-bible/study-materials/articles/changes-in-catholic-attitudes-toward-bible-readings.cfm

Changes in Catholic Attitudes Toward Bible Readings

Average Catholics asked today how often they read the Bible likely would say that they do not read the Bible regularly.  However, if asked how often they read Scripture, the answer would be different. Practicing Catholics know they read and hear Scripture at every Mass.  Many also recognize that basic prayers Catholics say, such as the Our Father and the Hail Mary, are scriptural. But for most Catholics, the Scripture they hear and read is not from the Bible. It is from a worship aid in the pew.
    n
    This post was edited by texasescimo at January 5, 2018 4:16 PM MST
      January 5, 2018 3:56 PM MST

You quote scriptures, not to understand what they are saying, but rather to prove your points.

When you do that, you offer to the God of all truth the unclean sacrifice of a lie.

Every quote that you post from scripture can easily and accurately be applied to what you as a JW say and do.

And that you know so little about Catholicism is both obvious and unfortunate.

Please, please, as you said on here yesterday, keep wasting your time on here and minimize the foolishness you keep trying to sell door to door.
      January 6, 2018 2:44 PM MST

Kind of an odd response. You totally ignore the scriptures and reality. 

Why did Jesus quote scripture?
    (Matthew 4:10) Then Jesus said to him: “Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”

Pretty sure that forbidding priest from marrying is not a JW practice. (1 Timothy 4:1-3)
    Pretty sure that JW's believe that the Father is greater than Jesus, the Father is the only true God and Jesus is separate from God. (John 14:28; John 17:3; John 14:1) 

Pretty sure that JW's have no traditions in opposition from scripture.

January 6, 2018 7:36 PM MST

Well, it is quite unfortunate that at a time when you needed the most guidance to approach something that would so affect your understanding of reality that you were deprived of the guidance you needed to prevent your repeating the major mistakes that all such people as you make.

Unfortunately, what you probably think to be accurate conclusions from your study of the bible is more like a house of cards that lacks any structural integrity and is no match for even the gentlest wind of truth.
      January 6, 2018 2:53 PM MST

Funny that you use a bunch of empty words and deception to hold to your doctrines in opposition to scripture. You are not arguing with me but with the scriptures. Can't you see that?

(Colossians 2:8) Look out that no one takes you captive by means of the philosophy and empty deception according to human tradition, according to the elementary things of the world and not according to Christ;
    (Ephesians 5:6) Let no man deceive you with empty words, for because of such things the wrath of God is coming upon the sons of disobedience.

Also, why do you keep leaving threads where we are discussing the Bible just to show up in another with some type of taunt against JW's?
      February 6, 2018 6:42 AM MST