Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » If Trump is so brilliant, why must he find a wife that can barely speak English. He obviously cannot speak a word of her native tongue?

If Trump is so brilliant, why must he find a wife that can barely speak English. He obviously cannot speak a word of her native tongue?

Chelsea Handler has said she is not interested in interviewing Melania Trump because she thinks the First Lady can “barely speak English”.

The outspoken comedian, who was a Hillary Clinton supporter, insisted she would never have Donald Trump or his wife on her Netflix show Chelsea. She said she has zero respect for either of them.

Handler made her views about the President clear, saying he was “the grossest” and she would tell him to “f*ck off” if he was in the room.

When asked about whether she would have the First Lady on her show in a video interview with Variety, she said: “Melania? To talk about what? She can barely speak English!”

Of course Handler is a comedian so she might be joking. For the record, Ms Trump is multilingual and can speak English, Slovenian, French, Italian, and German.

This is by no means the first time Handler has taken aim at the First Lady. She poked fun at her accent several times during the presidential campaign.

“Trump said Melania will give two or three more speeches… Hopefully an interpreter will be present,” she quipped in October.
The controversial orders Donald Trump has already issued

9 show all

“Sounds like he learned how to say China from Melania. #debate,” she also joked.

Tim Kaine delivered a speech entirely in Spanish. Still easier to understand than Melania.p
— Chelsea Handler (@chelseahandler) November 5, 2016

When pressed about what she thought about the First Lady in the Variety interview, she snapped back: “Exactly what I think about him as the First Man - nothing. I don’t respect either one of those people.”

“Gross. He is the grossest," she said of Mr Trump. "Physically, emotionally, mentally. Those statues they made of him were accurate. I bet you that is what he looks like naked with a little grape in between his legs.”

Handler said racism was the single issue which most concerned her under a Trump administration and planned parenthood was one of the issues which most worried her as a woman.

“No one has any right to tell us what to do with our bodies. Get off your religious bullshit soap box. I am my own person, no man gets to tell me what to do with my body, no-one, not your husband, not your politician.”

Handler explained she was going to register as an independent because she does not think the two-party system is working.

A representative for Chandler did not immediately respond to request for comment.

Posted - January 8, 2018

Responses

I don't see him as "brilliant" but would not judge him based upon his affectionate choices. Marriage is very personal and private (even though I do go on about my husband on this site!).  I have no desire to interview her.  Or him either really though I voted for him.  And I would not take as gospel anything said by any comedienne who so obviously hates the both of them.  Goodness if my husband were president and someone didn't like him I shudder to think what they would say about me!
      January 9, 2018 9:12 AM MST

I just saw his first wife on youtube recently.  She is one fugly person.  Inside AND outside.  She is not nice. 

She is an entitled racist piglet.   Just like Donnie.

Then there was Marla Maples who really did nothing worse than steal a rich lady's husband.

Then there was Melania.   She was broke and brokered a deal to get married and be arm candy.  I cannot really judge her for that.  But I can really judge him.   He has to buy a woman.   He is congratulating himself on his latest model.  I know it won't be the last one.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 9, 2018 4:16 PM MST
      January 9, 2018 4:14 PM MST

• First off, Chelsea Handler is a racist idiot and bigot and the way you're fawning all over her and reading her rants with baited breath, you must be too. Second, other than you, who cares what Chelsea Handler has to say about Melania Trump, Donald Trump, or anyone else for that matter? Everyone, run for cover. The world, as we know it, is going to end because Melania Trump has an accent. Tell you what I can do. I'll buy a set of crying towels and have them sent to you via Answer Mug.
      January 9, 2018 1:03 PM MST

She's a racist idiot.  Okay.  You are done here.  Good bye.

You don't even know who she is, do you?   I didn't think so.  It's like calling Oprah a bigot.  Nice try.

We often point the finger elsewhere when we are thinking about something in ourselves that needs addressing. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 9, 2018 4:18 PM MST
      January 9, 2018 1:04 PM MST

I never heard of Chelsea Handler before.
    Once it said she is some sort of entertainer, her credibility dropped to zero.
    (Ah, for the "good old days" when everyone knew that "show folk" were on par with prostitutes.)

Anybody that pokes fun at somebody who speaks multiple languages, just because that person speaks with an accent, is an idiot.

January 10, 2018 2:53 PM MST