Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » If something is considered junk, we throw it away.

If something is considered junk, we throw it away.

If that statement is true, why is it we create a special place in our homes and call it a junk drawer?

Posted - January 10, 2018

Responses

Some people cannot throw anything away.  I have more than one of those drawers and I CAN throw things away.  Many people are way worse than I am.

I call them odds and ends drawers. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 11, 2018 6:42 PM MST
      January 10, 2018 6:03 PM MST

We also say "One man's trash is another man's treasure!"
      January 10, 2018 6:50 PM MST

After my husband died over a year ago, my son threw everything away. Pictures, furniture, books, rugs, lamps and trees. I wish i had a junk drawer, maybe then I wouldnt have to re-purchase everything we once had. ;(
      January 10, 2018 7:22 PM MST

Why did you let him?  I am just a little curious.  I get it though.  After my daughter died and my other daughter decided to buy my house, she got rid of everything out of my younger daughter's room.  It was horrible, but a blessing.  Horrible because I might have kept more than I ended up with, but a blessing because if she had not done that I would still be living there and that room would be untouched.   I would have never been able to "get rid of" her things.......even socks.  No, I am sure I would have just kept the room clean and untouched until I died.  
      January 11, 2018 1:25 AM MST

I let him because i love him. Hes never done anything , that I can recall, without a good reason. ;)
      January 11, 2018 10:39 PM MST

Some of that stuff is a replaceable. 
      January 11, 2018 6:43 PM MST

Yes. And all of that stuff he gave away because he felt he needed to to move forward. ;)
      January 11, 2018 10:41 PM MST