Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Taking cuts in line. Being treated as "special". Do you like to take advantage of it when offered to you or do you prefer to take your turn?

Taking cuts in line. Being treated as "special". Do you like to take advantage of it when offered to you or do you prefer to take your turn?

Take a number. Stand in line. Wait for your turn. No special favors. OR being treated as something special and going ahead of others? Which is your cuppa tea? Because?

Posted - January 11, 2018

Responses

I've always been treated as special. 
      January 11, 2018 2:50 AM MST

Here's what I mean specifically. Years ago  I used to bank at a Bank of America in Northridge, California.  I was standing in the regular line one day when a teller motioned me to her "empty" line. I had no idea why she wanted me to go to her window  because that window was for "BUSINESS" folks and was marked as such but I walked over and she told me that I was a "favored" customer and her line was for "favored" customers as well. I thanked her for the info and walked back to the line I had been in and waited my turn. I have no idea why I was "favored". I didn't ask. I wasn't interested. That's what I meant by the question. You have always been treated as special?  In what way(s)? Thank you for your reply Malizz and Happy Thursday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 11, 2018 3:26 AM MST
      January 11, 2018 3:23 AM MST

I feel fortunate enough in life that I don't mind waiting for my turn.  That is such a minor thing anyway. 
      January 11, 2018 6:21 AM MST

I like to wait my turn in line. I am not special. I should NOT be given special treatment for any reason. I reject and object and refuse. Take a number. Stand in line. Wait your turn. The world does not revolve around you or for you. SIGH. it's so simple isn't it officegirl? We get it. Why doesn't everyone? Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      January 11, 2018 6:28 AM MST

I wait my turn unless I'm on a line with one or two items and the person in front of me has a cart overflowing with items and offers to let me go first.  I ask if they're sure and if they say, "Yes," I will thank them and go first.  I don't expect it, though.
      January 11, 2018 10:00 AM MST

I'm that person who lets you go ahead of me by invitation. Once I let 7 people in ahead of me and the cashier asked me to please stop because she was supposed to have taken a break and I kept prolonging the time. So now I limit it to  3 or 4. I usually have a lotta stuff and coupons and I'm retired so Jim and I are never in a hurry. I I LOVE  going to the grocery so unless I go in for just one item (RARELY) I never go to the store  if my time is limited. It's my most fun place to be. It always energizes me. I never know what wondrous treasure I'll discover!   Thank you for your reply  Spunky! :)
      January 13, 2018 6:33 AM MST

I'll let someone with only an item or two ahead of ne if I have a lot of things.  I'm not quite as enamored with shopping as you are. :)
      January 13, 2018 8:54 AM MST