Active Now

DannyPetti
Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Nimrod's mother/wife concieved a child who she decreed was Nimrod's by way of sunlight after he had died making her son a virgin birth.

Nimrod's mother/wife concieved a child who she decreed was Nimrod's by way of sunlight after he had died making her son a virgin birth.

The Vatican changed worship to Sunday in compromise to pagan religions worshiping the Sun. The West practices Sunday worship and in some places restrict buying and selling. If the Vatican is the Religious Branch of The Beast System are Sunday restrictions and homage paid to it part of the Mark?

Posted - January 11, 2018

Responses

Balls. Mass has always been celebrated on Sundays as a memorial to the Resurrection, as Jesus (an orthodox Jew) would not breach the Shabbat by rising on Saturday.
    It was only in the Middle Ages that Mass started being celebrated daily, as a way to get extra collections. That's also when the celibacy thing happened too - it had long been a convention that an episcope (priest) abstained on the eve of breaking the bread, NBD when Mass was only once a week. When it became a daily ritual,  the eve was every night.
      January 11, 2018 10:12 PM MST

And a Supernatural fan, I presume. As am I.   It's so much easier to type Bobby.  :) :)
      January 11, 2018 10:33 PM MST

interesting on account of the statements being intriguing yet the arguments quite plausible.

You very plausibly say "Jesus (an orthodox Jew) would not breach the Shabbat by rising on Saturday." I wonder if the breadth of your information has an equally plausible explanation for "the three days and three nights" prophecy of Jesus in Matthew 12:40 and how it could have been fulfilled by rising on Sunday.
      January 23, 2018 9:13 AM MST

Who would ever name there son Nimrod. Even in a Fiction novel.
      January 11, 2018 10:45 PM MST

• Today Nimrod is used as a slang term for geek or a socially awkward person or sometimes something worse. In the Bible, the name Nimrod means rebellious or rebel. So in actuality if you call someone a Nimrod your calling them a rebel and not a geek or socially awkward person.
      January 13, 2018 11:13 AM MST

O-uKnow, you bring up a circulatory fact.  Many of us know this.  What your question was, I am not sure but I can say this.  Whatever works for you and how you would like to believe or not believe is up to you. 
    Politics and religion are two things I am not fluid in.  Being, I feel they sometimes are one in the same, this should be no surprise. 
    What I do know about is spirituality.  If you believe in the Earth, your life, your being, and how you can help all the aliens, gods, and ladybugs, spiders, Merritts, snakes, horses, sea urchins, kelp, shrimp, rhinos, etc., that is wonderful. 
    Time is irrelevant.  To us, it keeps things organized.  Your age and mine and how many Sundays or Mondays we have seen is simply measured by the how long it takes the earth to travel around our sun. It doesn't have anything to do with how Holy or Godlike we are.  Yes.  I do strongly believe.  But, it doesn't matter to me what day it is nor when I appreciate it. I do everyday.  I go to church with my mom and sister when I'm up north out of due respect to them and to God.  I do say thanks.
    Whatever makes you feel good as long as you aren't hurting any living being, including yourself, than you are doing just fine. :) :)
      January 11, 2018 11:04 PM MST

yes, go along with the caring and not "hurting any living being, including yourself"
      January 23, 2018 11:18 AM MST

No, I don't believe worshipping on Sunday is part of the Mark. 
    The Mark will involve pledging ourselves to the system or to a leader in order to buy or sell.
      January 12, 2018 6:43 AM MST

• First of all, the Vatican can change whatever they want, it's meaningless to me. I get my final authority of faith and practice from the Bible, not the Catholic Church or the Pope. Is Sunday worship part of the mark of the beast? No, I don't believe so. 

Revelation 13:15-18  "And it was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast, so that the image of the beast would even speak and cause as many as do not worship the image of the beast to be killed. 16 And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, 17 and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name. 18 Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six."

As one can see, no day of the week ( In this case Sunday) is given. Rather it's all about deception and the control of the people. The ill-informed are usually quite easy to deceive.
      January 12, 2018 8:07 PM MST

"The ill-informed are usually quite easy to deceive." is quite true, but who are "The ill-informed", Perhaps they are the ones who read "Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man;" and they stop there puzzling over how to calculate what that number could be. They have been deceived by "Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast" because there is no need to calculate for the verse tells you that "his number is six hundred and sixty-six."

Hang on, maybe the deceived are the ones who hastily conclude that "his number is six hundred and sixty-six." while those with true wisdom and "understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man;" hmmm
      January 23, 2018 11:50 AM MST

Q "Nimrod's mother/wife concieved a child who she decreed was Nimrod's by way of sunlight after he had died making her son a virgin birth.
    The Vatican changed worship to Sunday in compromise to pagan religions worshiping the Sun. The West practices Sunday worship and in some places restrict buying and selling. If the Vatican is the Religious Branch of The Beast System are Sunday restrictions and homage paid to it part of the Mark?"

The question appears to be based on the book of Revelation. One's got to tread carefully with that intriguing book. It is said to be an account of a vision and has some very fanciful things in it, like a seven headed leopard, which are all wide open to interpretations. Also whereas most would argue that the NT is far more peaceful than the OT the inclusion of Revelation, which is full of violence, gives the Bible a very violent ending. No wonder there were disputes over its inclusion in the Bible along with, for different reasons, Hebrews, James, 2 Peter, and 2 and 3 John. This collection was officially approved for inclusion in 393 in the west. It was the fifth century when the eastern churches accepted the NT however some still had reservations about the inclusion of Revelation in it.

This post was edited by CLURT at January 23, 2018 3:43 PM MST
      January 23, 2018 1:05 PM MST